SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBM deployment for dealership network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My Distributor has a huge Dealer Network. Some of the Dealers are owned by Dist. itself and some of them are independent entities. Distributor wants same solution should be deployed throughout the network (Single central instance of DBM catering all the dealers controlled by Dist.)

Apart from the Sales & Services part, both - Owned & Independent Dealers have Workshops. Hence I dont think mere a Dealer Portal can suffice the needs of Independent dealers.

Can you please share your views, how to map all these dealers in the system -

a. As different company codes in a single instance

b. As different customers in a single instance

c. Any other viewpoint

What are the pros & cons for each of these apporaches ? How it works as per industry standards ?

Thanks a lot,

Sumit

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

The scenario is interesting and challenging as well. To map it properly I will prefer single instance else master data would be hell lot of job. Imagine 1 vehicle master and history to be replicated in each instance for dealers. Single instance will surely help in whole project life cycle and production environment as well. However to map as company code or customer one needs to consider Financial impact most importantly. It depends on Client/dealer relationship. Is it like Full Franchise or only on commission basis? Who owns the Inventory? How is the PnL, Balance Sheet will be designed? A lot depends on terms and conditions of engagement. Think of other points if you define as company. At times it can be defined as Plant (No value maintenance, Only Quantity). Mere customer/vendor relationship will give less flexibility.

Thanks.

Pravin

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Just curious to know how did you map this requirement? Any slight help from my last reply?

Kindly respond.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravin

0 Kudos

Hi Pravin & Sumit,

Please kindly shed some lights on my CRM/DBM integration question below. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for late reply as I was quite away for a while.

Btw to answer your question, I have worked on DBM 7 and CRM Integration. There it was not much given by SAP. We have customized the solution.

For DBM 8 I am yet to conclude. Hence unable to answer the question.

One more thing, if you have dealer/sub-dealer network pls have a look at Dealer Portal. You may find many requirements met in DP.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravin

0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Thanks for the sharing.

BR,

Jeff

SachinX
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

SAP VMS, DBM & CRM together if implemented will best suit the distributor scenario which you mentioned.

SAP VMS for your distributor to do procurement & sales to individual dealers.

SAP DBM for dealers to do bulk procurement from Distributor & do sales as retails & DBM Services for service processing & warranty.

SAP CRM can act as one stop solution for all dealers to manage inquiries & leads, which can be monitored by distributors.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki