cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While we are doing MM/FI integration in OBYC for transaction type GBB(offsetting entry for inventory postings) I am seeing "General Modification",Valuation class&G/L Account assignment.

Please let me know where from "Genral modification" is come and where and how it is defined.when I try F4 no values are existing.

What is the link between Valuation class and general modification?

regards

henfi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For informtion about the modification go to the following SPRO path: Materials Management -> valuation and Account Assignment -> Account Determination -> Account Determination without wizard -> Define Account Grouping for Movement Types. Click on the documentation icon, and click on the link "Overview of Account Groupings GBB".

Valuation class combined with general modification determines which movement type gets posted to which GL account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your inputs.I have one more doubt.

As per my understanding, G/L accounts for MM postings are generally derived from OBYC settings only and not from any other place.

But I am seeing some PO's deriving G/L Accounts that are not at all existing in OBYC settings or not matching with valuation classes mentioned in OBYC.(or OMWB).We have EBP linked to R/3.

Please let me know whether we would make this integration from any other side?

regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, OBYC is the only place where GL accounts are mapped to MM. If you have POs that have other GL accounts, it could be that these where entered under an Account Assignment category (K, X, Z, etc) in which case, the person entering the PO will enter the GL account manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OBYC is used only for POs or transactions, wherein the account assignment is derived from the valuation class. In case of POs, with account assignement category K (Cost center) or F (Order) and also certain transaction code like MB1A (Goods Issue), the user has option to input the GL code. In such case account assignment from OBYC will not be used.

Assign points, if useful.

Regards

Rakesh Pawaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh,Peter.

Points assigned accordingly.

regards

Hinfi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

General modification are attached to movement types. You can verifiy the same in T code OMJJ. Here you need to select the movement type and select the node account grouping. By selecting the detailed screen for each type of movement will give you various Keys and account modifier.

The general modification helps you to assigne different GL codes based on movement types e.g. consumption for production orders (261) and consumption for cost center (201), can be assigned with different modification therby facilitating assignment of separate GL code.

Regards

Rakesh Pawaskar