6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2007 11:24 AM by hin fico RSS

General modification

hin fico
Currently Being Moderated

Hi

While we are doing MM/FI integration in OBYC for transaction type GBB(offsetting entry for inventory postings) I am seeing "General Modification",Valuation class&G/L Account assignment.

Please let me know where from "Genral modification" is come and where and how it is defined.when I try F4 no values are existing.

What is the link between Valuation class and general modification?

regards

henfi

• Re: General modification
    Rakesh Pawaskar

General modification are attached to movement types. You can verifiy the same  in T code OMJJ. Here you need to select the movement type and select the node account grouping. By selecting the detailed screen for each type of movement will give you various Keys and account modifier.

The general modification helps you to assigne different GL codes based on movement types e.g. consumption for production orders (261) and consumption for cost center (201), can be assigned with different modification therby facilitating assignment of separate GL code.

Regards

Rakesh Pawaskar

• Re: General modification
    Peter Okay

For informtion about the modification go to the following SPRO path:  Materials Management -> valuation and Account Assignment -> Account Determination -> Account Determination without wizard -> Define Account Grouping for Movement Types. Click on the documentation icon, and click on the link "Overview of Account Groupings GBB".

Valuation class combined with general modification determines which movement type gets posted to which GL account.

Actions