cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BASIS BASIC INFORMATIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am Jayshree, just finished my master degree.

I would like to do SAP BASIS  module from a SAP AUTHORIZED INSTITUTE.

And I am looking forward Certification + placements + Fees structure.

So, What would be Nominal Fees structure for course + Certification??

Generally, the duration of this course is 25 days...Right.. & Certification is from German based. After Certification is get done, how I will be recognized? as a SAP BASIS Administrator OR   SAP BASIS CONSULTANT.??

I have good command in the Database management system too. I have some experience in teaching Oracle DBA as a Trainer.

Now, I would like work in the corporate industry to get the real time exposure where I can utilize my DBA skill too. So in that case, what will be my role as being a SAP BASIS,  I will be working as "BASIS ADMINISTRATOR" OR   "SAP BASIS CONSULTANT.??"

In this competitive world, all the corporate industry is looking for well experienced and good knowledge in that particular domain. So in that case, I have only Trainer Experience, will I be eligible to do this Course ?? and can be placed in to this domain.

So, will you suggest me whether this module will be apt for me...?? or any other module I have to choose.

And one more query I have, whether SAP BASIS  runs on which environment -- Unix / Windows.

I need some SAP BASIS basic information too.. which would help to understand all these stuffs.

Kindly guide me in terms of career wise and subject wise.

Thank you

Regards

Jayshree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jay shree,

You have choosen a best option for sap basis. it is a good module and u have very bright career also. now a days sap basis is on boom and all business are ruinning on sap only. i will give u all information and guide and document which need to follow. pls share ur phone no and email id.

thks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay;

I can give you my understanding of SAP Basis.

basis administrator is the same as SAP basis consultant and it is only different names but you will be doing the same roles in both, so sap basis consultant or sap basis administrator it will be the same

Regarding your other question if SAP runs on windows or linux and the answer is: it runs on both depending on the implementation of the project, and based on the need. in other words you will find SAP systems run on a Linux environment such as suse linux, and other sap systems will run on windows such as windows server 2008 R2

You can find oppurtunities by working as an sap basis consultants by sap partners who implement sap solutions or by customers who run their business through sap, or working by SAP itself for example by sap labs.

hope this was helpful for you.

Best Regards

~Amal Aloun