cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need more scenarios with JSF 2 implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to view and export reports on the JSF environment. I am using the following technologies for my Web Application.

• JSF 2
  • JBoss Application Server 7.1
  • Crystal Reports 2011 (running on different machine over the network)

I followed the documentation from Developer guide for viewing on Java and I can successfully view and export the report using the RPT file which resides locally on JBoss AS machine. Since the component provided in the jar where not supporting JSF 2.0, I had to take reference from

I would like to know different scenarios to develop Report Page Viewer on JSF environment which can allow me to do the following:

1. Custom styling (like hiding the borders, develop my own toolbar etc)
  2. Define parameters on different web page before visiting the web page which contains Report Page viewer
  3. I should be able to access RPT file from the machine which runs Crystal Report server and the RPT file should be processed on that server over the network rather than running on JBoss AS which is running locally.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm having trouble even getting to the point that you are at, having a report display on the jsf xhtml page.
I too am in an environment with JSF2.2.5, though running on tomcat instead of jboss (was on jboss in the past, same lack of success), and a remote server running crystal reports 2011 RAS and processing server.

Would you mind sharing how you got to where you are in more detail? 

Implementing it as the 4.0 developer guide suggests results in "Warning: This page calls for XML namespace http://www.businessobjects.com/jsf/crystalreportsviewers declared with prefix bocrv but no taglibrary exists for that namespace."

Based on your comments, I'm guessing the tablib in webreporting-jsf.jar is incompatible with jsf2?

While creating a taglib and referencing it in web.xml and faces-config.xml the same way as comment 8 in Seam and CrystalReports JSF tags? | Community  just results in a blank spot where the viewer should be with no errors (and no indication that the backing bean is getting called).

I have another thread asking for help from SAP here

Thanks in advance:

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also followed and moved the custom taglib to meta-inf instead of web-inf which seemed to get me past my taglib issues.

I have other problems, but I won't bother posting them here unless asked.