cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Jobs at Outage & Queue Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario and I bet many would have faced the same issue to. However, I am not sure of a solution for this.

Scenario:

I have a Job Chain - JC_Load_Chain which is scheduled to run 10 PM everyday. This chain has been chosen with a 'Job Group Presubmit Count' = 2 in the Submit Frame window.

So if we will see this job at 8 PM today, we would see one schedule at 10 PM Today and another schedule 10 PM Tomorrow.

Let us say, the queue for this chain is held at 9 PM today for a Source System outage. Now the status of the above two mentioned scheules with turn to "Queue Held" status.

The outage is going to exist until 11 PM of tomorrow, which really means, once the Queue is released, both the above mentioned jobs are going to get released and there is going to be a double run.

How should we avoid this situation?

My expectation is, just no matter what if the 10 PM is crossed, I don't want it to run even. It should simply be cancelled.

Please help with your inputs

Thank You

Ganesh Sampath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To overcome this issue you can set the pre-submit count at 1 for this job. Since from what I hear there is no requirement to set it to 2. Pre-submitted jobs are not 'related' to each other anymore. You can prevent them from running at the same time by setting a Lock on the job. But that will not skip a run when you have an outage for longer then the schedule frequency.

Regards Gerben

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create a job definition, enable the Act When jobs are overdue? option, set the action to be taken to canceling the job. This will cancel the job whenever it misses the time window.

In your case, cancel the existing schedule, edit the job and schedule again. As editing a job does not automatically reflect in the schedule.

thanks

Nanda