cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Cat NLN appears not relevant for picking even it is relevant in 0VLP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We have an issue in on the behavior of the item category we assigned to the replenishment delivery. The transaction starts from an STO-PO and create a replenishment delivery on the background via VL10B. The replenishment delivery was successfully created. The weird thing is, item cat NLN is relevant for picking. I checked the item cat assigned to the replenishment delivery and it shows NLN but it appears as not relevant for picking as picked quantity column is uneditable. Seems weird and this is my first time to encounter such issue. I tried browsing the net and had no luck to find same scenario. Can somebody please tell me what could be the possible cause of this issue? Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Did you get any solution for this?

Cheers,

Nag

0 Kudos

Mark,

Is the inventory warehouse managed or inventory managed? Usually, if you are in an inventory managed scenario, the system lets you directly input a picked quantity directly on the delivery. If you are in a warehouse managed scenario, you have to create a transfer order to do picking. You can check this by looking at field "OverallWMStatus" on the "picking" tab of the delivery. If the status says "WM Transfer Order required" you are in a WM managed scenario and have to carry out picking via a transfer order.

More information here.

Otherwise, I am not sure what the issue is!

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Yes it is under WM. May I know what controls "OverallWMStatus" on the picking tab? As per config of item cat,  "relevant for picking" is active/ticked. Is there other config that I need to execute? Please enlighten me more. Currently the status field on the picking tab is blank which i believe the reason of the error in LT03.

Kind regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

Mark,

This is done via configuration: if a warehouse is assigned to the combination of plant & storage conditions then you'll be forced to create a WM transfer order. The configuration is done at IMG > Enterprise Structure > Assignment > Logistics Execution > Assign warehouse number to plant/ storage location.

So, in this case, you have to create a transfer order. Are you saying you get an error message when you try to create a transfer order via LT03? I thought the problem was the picking quantity field on the delivery is blank. Is that not that issue?

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Krishna,

Yes, we encounter the error in LT03 where it says no item relevant for picking. in 0vlp item cat NLN is relevant for picking.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the warehouse is subject to lean WM and picking is needed, whether TO is required can be controlled by the field 'degree of activation' in IMG --> LE --> shipping --> picking --> lean WM --> control plant/storage location/warehouse No assignment