cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWSSO and Digital Signatures

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a follow-up to .

We are currently looking at implementing NWSSO. As far as I know, NWSSO can't be used as an external security product for Digital Signatures so that users could input their Windows credentials to sign documents. Is that correct? Assuming yes, is something planned? What is the standard solution from SAP in this regard? We are on ERP 6.0 EHP6 SPS04 running in a homogeneous Windows environment. In short the problem is that users shouldn't have to remember their username and password in the SAP backend system once SSO is enabled. If we choose to roll out the semi solution where users have to remember their username and password in the SAP backend system, there is nothing out of the box for them to change their password in the SAP backend system since SSO is enabled. The main client to access the SAP backend system will be NWBC for Desktop 4.0.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwsso20/helpdata/en/6e/de4b432a1e494aa33582fcd78234dc/content.htm?frames...

Hi Samuli,

the documentation for SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On describes how to digitally sign documents based on a re-authentication against Active Directory. You will find the relevant chapter at the link pasted above (that's where the editor puts the URL, for whatever reason 😉

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that's great news. NWSSO 2.0 SP2 or later is required according to SAP note 1862737, there is also a requirement for SAP_BASIS. Do you know, does the ActiveX control work together with NWBC for Desktop as well? I would assume so. What about the BAdI, does it get called also for web applications such as the PLM Web UI? We are behind in SPs so I can't check in our current systems, I will have to ask for a test system which meets the pre-requisites for the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is apparent that the implementation in SAP note 1862737 works only for classic dynpros in SAP GUI so web applications such as Web Dynpros (eg. PLM Web UI) aren't supported. Feel free to correct me if my assumption is incorrect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone know for certain that it is impossible to use SAP Digital Signature with SSO in a webdynpro application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course it is possible, SAP just doesn't provide it (yet). I'm sure they will eventually provide it since so many core applications are either Web Dynpro ABAP or SAPUI5 based and digital signing is widely used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to SAP note 1862737 - BAdI SSFT_SYSTEM_SIGNATURE: New implementation for NWSSO, it is possible to use digital signature + SSO with SAP GUI. What does it take to make this functionality work with SAP Portal (WebDynpro applications)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The implementation described in SAP note 1862737 can't be used with web applications simply because it relies on the integration between SAP - SAP GUI - ActiveX - SLC. Another solution is required, you might want to read this discussion thread for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use SAP Simple Digital Signature (username + password) with SSO.

I implemented the following SAP notes: 1862737 (main note that makes in possible to combine Digital Signature with SSO, which means using Windows/Active directory password instead of SAP password), 1974495, 1975701, but unfortunately it is not working.

I tried using SAP standard example of Digital Signature: program DSIG_BOOKING_EX (run from se38).

When running this program in SAP GUI 7.2 (and even in the latest SAP GUI 7.3), a popup appears and asks for a password (Windows / Active Directory Password). When I type the password and press OK, I get the following DUMP:

Category: ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors: MESSAGE_TYPE_X

Abap program: CL_GUI_CFW==========CP

Application Component: BC-FES-GUI

Do you know how to solve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest that you create a new discussion thread and share the short dump as an attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thanks, I created a new discussion thread about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed you did, in the wrong space. You are aware that the solution described in SAP note 1862737 requires NWSSO, the separately licensed product which this space is about?

Answers (0)