cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 system landscape for MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process to layout infrastructure for release 2 of our transformation project for ECC, MDM, PI, BODS. We are debating on possible solutions

1) typical 5 system landscape like below.

DEV->QA->PRD

DEV2->QA2

DEV2, QA2 are project landscape and others are maintenance landscape. After project testing, changes from QA2 will be moved to DEV, QA, PRD

2) dual landscape

Here, layout is same as option 1 but for go live changes will be moved directly from QA2 to PRD.

I like to know what are the pros/cons of each approach.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

The first approach is a lot easier to manage and involves lesser risks.

Also as Vag rightly points that in case of different Vendors co-ordination is also an important point to consider before designing such a landscape.

We too used the first approach and once our major change was done,we merged the systems which in your case are DEV2 and QA2.This was a much cleaner approach.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subin, I would also consider the strategy your clients are going with . If all the 5 environments are with the same partners then i do not see any issue . Considering the fact that if the Development and Support are handle by 2 different vendors, then i see a lot of Synchronization issue as the Project Track and Support Track needs to be line else the CTS+ is going for a toss. Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy