cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea how a product is known as DG or Non DG?

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Let me know if you have any idea how a product is known as DG or Non DG? We are facing lot of issues in our SD department where a product(a material ) for some routes is showing Dangerous and showing non dangerous for few other routes. I found the table DGTMD where this information is stored however do not know from where this information is picked up and also why it is showing different for the same material in different routes and different countries?

Any clues and answers are welcome!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devdatt.

If you define DG Schema for your Logistics process , once you click on save or run the DG Checks in your Sales Document it will routes to your material basic data 2 view and check whether Dangerous goods profile is maintained or not(Ex : GPP ) , if it is maintained the it will go to Dangerous goods master record of that material (DGTMD Table) it will check the impressibility indicator with respective route (Ex:Road in below Screenshot). If indicator is there for that Route it will not allow the material through that route.

If iam not wrong in your case , if Product X is shipping from one country to one country in different routes Like Air ,Ocean &Road. If your Product is restricted to ship through Air , the Above indicator should maintain in DG Master against the Mode of transport. Then automatically in logistics process system will restrict you product to ship in that particular route . you will get the message pop up "Material cannot be transported with this mode-of-transport category" .....

If your issue is different from my above explanation can you please brief your issue with screenshots.

Balajee

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

In my case one material has 10 different routes and for 6 routes it is showing as Dangerous and for 4 not dangerous? our end users are seeking the explanation for this which currently I do not know the reason? Could you please explain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devdatt

What is your product Dangerous goods class , this information you can check in DG Master of that Product. for example if your product belongs to DG Class - III (Flammable Liquids) as per UN Classification it should not allowed to ship through "AIR" ,and alternately it can ship through remaining shipping types.. in this case we will maintain "Transport not permitted" Indicator to the Mode of transport "Air" In the Dangerous goods master. and this Shipping type "Air" is contained in your route .. it will not allow you to ship your product through that route. in your case may be in those 6 routes contains transport restricted shipping type. due to this reason only you are getting DG Message in those 6 routes

First Check Dangerous Goods master record of your material (t.Code DGP2) , how many mode of transportation are maintained,and for which mode of transport "transport not permitted indicator is Maintained".

Go to Route Master (T.Code:0vtc) and Check 6 routes for which you are getting DG Message ,(Refer below screenshot) ..in Shipping type (ST) Column Which types are maintained. and whether any transport restricted shipping type is maintained in the route

In any shipping type in the route is restricted in Dangerous Goods Master ..you will get DG Message.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Devdatt

on the top to explanation of Balajee: in DG are there are a lot of exepmtion you can use. If the are used in your company the some chemistry might be "non DG" for the same routh and for a slittly different material (topic of LQ) it might be DG.

So DG topic is "complex" (based on the set up you use in xour company). Some might be true forSDS shipment or SVT relevant topics. There are so many "exemptions" in reglaitons that some users (not knowing the details) do have problem to understand sometimes SAP SD "reaction" in DG handling. Overall: that is a matter of training if needed. In most cases people preparing sales order do not need to knwo the legislation background. In most cases there is a DG orgnaisaiton with in a company dealing with the whole topic.

C.B:

devdatt_khedekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Balaji for your wonderful explaination, I will check and will confirm you the results. I really appreciate the screenshots and efforts you are taking to help.

Answers (0)