cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AII SGTIN-96 Number Range Request Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have set up my AII system (only one) as a local instance while having my OER system as the central instance for number range.  Subsequently, I tried to perform an initial number range request (for the type SGTIN-96) on a new material master containing a new GTIN.

From here, I managed to allocate the number range for the new GTIN accordingly in OER but when I tried requesting for the initial number range in AII (for the type SGTIN-96), I ended up with an error.  Basically, when I performed an initial number range request in AII (for the type SGTIN-96), I can see all four messages processed successfully in AII and OER via the monitoring tool:

NumberRangeRequest_Out

NumberRangeRequest_In

NumberRangeConfirmation_Out

NumberRangeConfirmation_In

From the messages itself, I can see that OER managed to assign the numbers correctly and it had successfully sent back to AII while AII had successfully received the numbers.  However, before AII could process those numbers and assign the numbers accordingly into the table /AIN/TGTIN_NRRAN, it ended with such error message:

Record 10300750001249 SGTIN-96 0000000001 is locked

I'm not exactly sure what has been locking it but I can confirm that this is not happening for id type such as SGTIN under GS1_SER.  I have tried SGTIN-96 under EPC1.2 and EPC1.3 and I'm hitting the same issue.  At this point of time, I have not tried any other id type besides those mentioned.  And when I looked at the number range administration page for GTIN 10300750001249, it's still stuck with the status as Request Sent and Inactive.

It'd be great if you guys could shed some light on this.  Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Chin Hun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the issue has been sorted out.  The issue stems from the fact that 2 number range administration pages (each from OER and AII respectively) being opened at the same time in the same browser.  In order to avoid the issue, each number range administration page has to be opened separately by working on one at a time (e.g. first OER, close browser, then AII).

Best regards,

Chin Hun

Answers (0)