cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG support UP (public sector)

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Background

We have implemented the public sector components.  Every pernr in pa0003 has a VIEKN value of 'UP'.

Current

We have copied HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG to a Z object.

For CONFIG_10_IT0006 we have configured the HRESS_CC_PER_DTL_ADDRESS_XX to be replace with ZHRESS_CC_PER_DTL_ADDRESS_US which has some extra fields.

However, because VIEKN = 'UP', the configuration is not being replaced.

If I change VIEKN = '10', then it does get replaced.

Is UP meant to be supported as delivered?

At this point we have no one in our system with a value other than 'UP', is it just easier to replace the XX configurations directly with US configurations and take the app cc out of the equation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Typically Viekn is updated due to the Company code/personal area and feature IVWID Please go over note 1447867 and check report RPUFACEVIEKN typically if you are using US based services and US delivered content it ll check the country filter ie using Viekn field! http://help.sap.com/saphelp_globext607_10/helpdata/en/a4/b1b1674f1442c281f4956efecfc945/frameset.htm SO you need to decide how you want to use it.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

Adding the various UP objects in the HRPAD model and then updating the app cc with those models and telling it when UP replace with UIBBs for US did the trick.

We are on a 7.4 proof of concept system right now.  The GENIL_MODEL_EDITOR provides a means by which to enhance the HRPAD model, however, as delivered we could not save our enhancement due to an error in IT3223 referencing a structure that is not delivered by SAP.  We had to find the tables where these entries for IT3223 are and remove them before we could save our enhancement.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

many thanks Roger for updating me. All the best and do keep updating us if you have product issues or would like new functionality.

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roger.

I have a similar issue with IT 0009.  Our public sector implementation gives us viekn values of 'PS' that I want to drive to molga 10/US configs.

I've also modified HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG, but I wind up with the the 'IT0009_PS' is not a subobject of 'IT0009_NN' error that I'm, sure you saw along your journey.  I'm not a big genil guy, and that's where I am hitting the wall.

If you could post *how* you extended the model, that would be great (I started by using the GENIL_MODEL_EDITOR and creating an enhancement on HRPAD.  Then I tried to create new dependent object IT0009_PS based on IT0009_10.  It seemed to copy, but does not show as a 'sub' object).  Any help woulds be appreciated.

Thanks...  ...Mike

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Mike,

I've never heard of PS, but then I never heard of UP until this issue came along.  We also opened an incident to which SAP provided note 1676216 as we felt we really shouldn't have to be enhancing anything given we are using the standard delivered public sector implementation.  You may want to check out that note as well.

However, to answer your question, we created a dependent object, so, once inside your enhancement, right click on dependent object and click on Create Dependent Object, then you need to make sure you have filled in everything like the super object and root object and the like:

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Roger.

Yes, I've tried to create a dependent object, in our case IT0009_PS .  My problem sems to come in when I try to save it.  Whether in enhancement mode,  or even in repair mode (yech), I could not save the new object to HRPAD.  It seems that the model has red 'x's strewn throughout it that prevent the save ? !   These errors are in ITs and objects that I don't even think I care about, though the model seems to work.

Even going to the GENIL_MODEL_EDITOR and doing a check of the model without changes produces errors.  Did/do you have red 'x's there as well.  Is there a way to save through this.

Thanks...

...Mike

BTW, we adopted public sector very early , hence the 'PS' .

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, read up furthere where we were getting errors on IT3223.  There were two or three tables where this was referenced where we needed to remove the entries for IT3223.

Seems SAP delivered an IT, tied it to a structure but then never delivered the structure.

We could not save until we had dealt with this error.

I should also mention that our first attempt at any of this work was on a box with 7.4 SPS 04.  We then moved to a new box with 7.4 SPS 06 and that structure for IT3223 is in that system.  So it looks like SAP fixed this in SPS 05 or 06.

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Roger.

I've opened a note with SAP as out consistency check produced many dozens of red issues, though they don't seem related to our task at hand. 

We are not yet to 7.4 .
I really do not want to deal with all of these issues manually.  I would hope that they just tell me how to put my dependent object(s) in under the covers (away from the transaction'd front-end) - they must have done it that way to begin with .

I'll update here when I get a response.

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

Latest Update.

So, I now have an open note with SAP.  Basically, the note said that our PS viekn'd folks were not being driven to our US config, and I was trying to enhance the model to make that happen.
Their initial reply also implies that 1676216 should make things work.  Bad news for us is that note is already in place.

It's back in their court.

...Mike

BTW, what do your base T588UICONVCLAS entries look like?  Do they follow this pattern?

Name of UI Structure:      HCMT_BSP_PA_US_R0009

InfoType:                          0009

Type:                                MAIN

VersionID:                        PS

Class:                               CL_HRPA_UI_CONVERT_0009_US

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Mike,

Our's actually have 10 for the version ID.  There is a spot somewhere (I had found it once ) where UP is being converted to 10.  I would assume the same thing should be happening for PS as well.

At any rate here is our complete entry in  T588UICONVCLAS for IT0009:

Name of UI Structure:      HCMT_BSP_PA_US_R0009

InfoType:                          0009

Type:                                MAIN

VersionID:                        10

Class:                               CL_HRPA_UI_CONVERT_0009_US

Not sure if this article would help you or not.....

Answers (0)