cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Rreport with BI QAAWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings

I have created a report using WSDL of a published BI query. The report is developed in CR.net visual studio 2008 version & deployed on IIS 7.5.

When the url of web app hosting the report is typed in browser, a window prompt opens

Entering Login ID & password in last two parameters enables the report to run sucessfully. Keeping the parameters empty displays an empty report. My question is

- Why does this prompt occur ?

- How to suppress this prompt window ?

- Do i have to pass parameters programitically or through some setting in some file or on a server ?

Many Thanks

M Bilal Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Bilal,

Have you seen the following document:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vitaly sir, many thanks.

I have downloaded the document you mentioned but havent seen it. shall study it & get back. Thanks once again

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Advanced editor is available to everyone once you reply:

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir many thanks & sorry to bother.

When i click on "reply" i see the following editor without any "advanced editor options"

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NP , I think it should be my apologizing.

What browser are you using? I am using Firefox and IE, both show the screenshot I attached in my previous post. Let me know one of those browsers works for you. If not, we'll figure another way of sharing the report.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir thanks for being considerate.

i have checked with both firefox & IE, both have the same issue no advanced editor  option is displayed.

May be the moderators of SCN have not authorized this facility for me.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DM sent

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. I've never done this but let's see what happens. Looking at the report I see that it has the two values defined as parameters:

So, at runtime we  could try and pass in the values in code. Use the code as described in the following KBA:

1217834 - Crystal Reports .NET application prompts for parameters although parameters are set at run...

This KBA may also help:

1215426 - Err Msg: "Missing parameter value" when printing or exporting in VS .NET

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings sir

Many thanks for the information & your continued support. I got the idea & used "SetParamterValue" & "ParameterDiscreteValue" to handle the issue.

Iam grateful for your kind help.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent. Please set the thread as answered.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

many thanks sir

the report does work in CR desinger 2008. However on refresh if "Prompt for new parameters" is selected than the same parameters window is displayed.

This paramter windows is also dsiplayed in "Report Wizard" during the report creation process.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you be able to attach the report?

Rename the file to txt.

Click on "Use advanced editor" and attach.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the help sir.

advanced editor option is not visible to me. in this view i can only add picture, video & link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings

The issue is still persisting. There is no solution yet. Kind help is solicited.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Originally this was the issue:

When the url of web app hosting the report

Does the report work in the CR 2008 designer?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply sir.

I have just installed CR 2008 Sp 6.

Now when i go to "Report Wizard" & create new connection, the same pop-up appears.

Now when i enter the login & password parameter values in last 2 fileds, the upper 2 fields show an error "The value is not valid"

Previously this was not the case as after entering login & password parameter values the data fields were displayed & i could select the fields on the report.

So after going to CR 2008 sp6 from CR 2008 sp1, the issue seems to go from bad to worse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir many thanks for the detailed reply & the links.

i had the CR 2008 sp6 setup downloaded. but when i tried to install it gave the following error

I personally think i need to uninstall VS2008 & CR 2008. Then install this version & then again install VS 2008.

Kindly confirm my appreciation is right or is there any other step to follow.

Many thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no need to unistall VS, just CR. Make sure you back up the keycode.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the reply sir.

The assembly versions as shown in web.config file are 12.0.2000 & 12.0.1100  respectively.

The crdb_xml.dll driver version is 12.1.0.882.

I have Crystal Reports 2008 & Visual Studio 2008 both installed.

By deployment i meant deployed on iis. The parameter prompt opens whenever the default.aspx page is accessed.  the four parameters displayed are as follows

-

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. This makes a  bit more sense. The naming convention for CR is quite confusing:

When you said:

The report is developed in CR.net visual studio 2008 version

I assumed this was "Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008" which has version 10.5 and does not install crdb_xml.dll.

Then there is CR 2008, version 12.x and this is the version you are actually using. That verson does install crdb_xml.dll.

Next step is to get you to the latest Service Pack for CR 2008 (SP 6) and see if we get any joy on the data issue. SP 6 can be downloaded from here:

https://share.sap.com/a:328ro3/MyAttachments/521c18ac-d7fd-4a58-a2dc-9d40d1951975/

The above must be run on your development computer.

When you are ready to install the app to your test / prod servers, the runtime distribution files are here:

MSM - SP6

https://share.sap.com/a:328ro3/MyAttachments/013b51c6-b75e-4553-a040-f60a8cf6219c/

MSI - SP6

https://share.sap.com/a:328ro3/MyAttachments/fdacf52d-ee07-4e72-aa0d-c6a2c586e537/

ClickOnce - SP6

https://share.sap.com/a:328ro3/MyAttachments/8c5e7d6f-eaf2-4448-90ba-9fa4ff1bbb37/

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something does not quite add up here;

Since you are using WSDL of a published BI query, the report is using the db driver crdb_xml.dll. Now, "CR.net visual studio 2008" (Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008), did not ship the crdb_xml. So, the 1st two questions would be:

1) What is the version of the CR assemblies referenced in your project?

2) What db driver are you using to connect to the datasource? And, what is the version of this driver?

Oh and you say this is a deployed application. Does it actually work on your development system?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter