cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2,000,000th OSS Note

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as can be seen from the Wiki I maintain, I'm a bit of an OSS Notes geek.

As we move towards the 2,000,000th OSS Note, I wonder who from SAP

will get that Note ?

Andy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wow! Makes you wonder really how huge SAP is.

When I started my SAP career a professor once told me that it was impossible to completely understand every part of SAP as a human being. My initial reaction was:"Oh yeah, well I'm gonna show you!"

But when I first logged on to R/3 and found out that there were more than 73.000 transactions I stood corrected

This was more than 10 years ago

It is probably close to impossible to even read 2.000.000 notes in 1 human lifetime.

Cheers, Rob.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would certainly take some dedication.  If you assume an average of 2 minutes per Note spent reading (arbitrary), and reading non-stop, without delays between Notes, for 8 hours a day, every day, it would take you almost 23 years.  Of course, if you thought of it more like a job, and only did your 8 hours' reading 5 days a week, and took two weeks off a year for 'vacation', then it would be more than 33 years.  That's pretty close to a career lifetime.  Given that this kind of reading would no doubt destroy your eyesight, your reading would probably slow down in the later years, so it would be even longer.  At the end of it, would you be the world's foremost SAP expert?  Or would you retain almost nothing from it all?  You'd certainly be convinced that 2,000,000 bug fixes must mean something about the underlying software....

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice Matt!

However you forgot to take into account that in about 33 years time another 2 million notes will have been created

Cheers!

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So it really is like painting the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  By the time you get to the end, it's time to start over again from the beginning.

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could speed it up with 'ana

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very impressive (the Wiki page).

About 10,700 to go as of just now, but what do you mean, are you wondering who will create the note, or which topic it will be?

Thomas

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

bit of both really

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like they've crossed it a few days ago, but 2,000,000 is not released to customers yet.

I bet somebody snatched it for some really, really hot topic...this is going to be one heck of a note

Thomas

petr_solberg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah I blogged it today, it's a Hana Performance FAQ

Andy.