cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content model and transport in system using different repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In our development environment, we generated a content model for incoming post document

storing in a content server.

As the content model have been generated for this specific repository, I assume that this content model

will not work properly in an other environment using a different repository if we transport it. Am I correct?

Is it possible to change directly the content model assignment to a new repository in the target environment?

Or we have to generate a new content model in the target system using the initial content model as a template and assigning the

correct repository? In this case, we will have to maintain each content model in all the differents environments...

What are the best practises to handle this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards

Frédéric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Frederic,

It is possible to transport such model. You will just need to change the setting of the storage category to point to the new content server in the new system- transaction OACT. Storage category is attribute called STORAGE_CAT in the virtual PHIO class of the content model( ends with **V).

Please note that the content model should be transported in its creation language.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pragya,

Thanks for your quick reply, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Best regards,

Frédéric

Answers (0)