cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Approve Timesheets - Activity Type not Displayed

erin_mogg
Participant
0 Kudos

According to the BPD document for the Approve Timesheets App, the Activity Type should be displayed in the details area of the timesheet.

However, when a user selects the details option, the following is displayed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I'm testing in Chrome and we're on the latest service pack that was just released last week.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

Currently the activity type is not shown in the Approve Timesheet app.

We are aware of this and we plan to work on it in the future version of Approve Timesheet. We cannot comment on the timelines yet but there are few other things which can be improved in the app.

Best Regards

Pankaj

erin_mogg
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Pankaj.

Just as an FYI, in the document, MEA_SMP23_BPD_EN, it says "On the details area, the following details are displayed: cost assignment, activity type and employee notes."

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

I have not checked this document and not sure who created it. Will check and try to get this updated.

We do show Cost Assignment and Employee notes but activity type is not shown at the moment.

Best Regards

Pankaj

erin_mogg
Participant
0 Kudos

Right - those are there and vieawable... I just thought I'd let you know that was in the documentation for the app. thanks for all the help

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

We have added Wage Type,Activity Type and Attendance/Absence Hours in the Wave2 application.

Now the Regular Time and Overtime is replaced with the Attendance/Absence Hours text from the backend.

Please find the notes below for these changes.

OData Changes: 1994214

UI Changes: 1994889

Best regard

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pankaj,

Thank you for supplying these notes. They look like exactly what I need. We have implemented Fiori App My Timesheet and Approve Timesheet, but during the approval process, the approving manager cannot see what kind of time (attendance type) is being approved. All of the days shown below were entered as 8hrs of sick time, but that doesn't show up anywhere.

I was able to install the first OSS note 1994214 on the ECC back-end, but when I try to install 1994889 on the gateway, it won't because it can't find the right place to insert the new code in many objects.

I could find no prerequisite notes that were not already installed. Incidentally, the code it was looking for in the first one was a copyright notice for 2013, but instead the code had a copyright notice going to 2014.

We just installed UIX01HCM SP03. Was this OSS note included in that support pack? If so, it doesn't look like was effective because we are still not seeing any attendance types in the approval app.

In case, its helpful here is a list of which components are installed on our gateway:

SAP_ABA

SAPKA74007

Cross-Application Component

SAP_GWFND

SAPK-74007INSAPGWFND

SAP Gateway Foundation 7.40

SAP_UI

SAPK-74009INSAPUI

User Interface Technology 7.40

PI_BASIS

SAPK-74007INPIBASIS

Basis Plug-In

ST-PI

2008_1_710

SAPKITLRE7

SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

SAP_BW

SAPKW74002

SAP Business Warehouse

IW_PGW

SAPK-10005INIWPGW

Process Gateway

IW_SPI

SAPK-10004INIWSPI

Service Provider Infrastructure

IW_SCS

SAPK-20008INIWSCS

Screen Scraping

UIAPP001

SAPK-10005INUIAPP001

UIAPP001 100: Add-On Installation

UIAPP002

SAPK-10004INUIAPP002

UIAPP002 100: Add-On Installation

UISRA001

SAPK-10003INUISRA001

HTML 5 Purchase contract approval

UISRA002

SAPK-10004INUISRA002

HTML5 Time Recording

UISRA010

SAPK-10004INUISRA010

HTML5 Staffing List

UISRA012

SAPK-10004INUISRA012

HTML5 My Department Spend

UISRA020

SAPK-10005INUISRA020

HTML5 Change Order (Address/Delivery Date)

UIX01HCM

SAPK-10003INUIX01HCM

UI for HCM Application

Likewise, in case its helpful, here are our component versions on the ECC system in case that's helpful:

GBAPP0026000005SAPK-60005INGBAPP002GBAPP002
SRA0016000003SAPK-60003INSRA001Approve Purchasing Contracts OData Integration Component
SRA0026000004SAPK-60004INSRA002Time Recording OData Integration Component
SRA0106000004SAPK-60004INSRA010Staffing List OData Integration Component
SRA0126000003SAPK-60003INSRA012My Department Spend
SRA0206000005SAPK-60005INSRA020Purchase Order Status (In Process, Approved)

thanks for any advice or suggestions you might have!

-Rob Solomon

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

The note is already part of SP03. I see that you have both UISRA010 and UIX01HCM.

Are you running the launchpad app? After applying SP03 please clear the browser cache and then try again. Let know if you still have issue.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for taking the time to review the issue. I cleared the browser cache on Chrome, Firefox and IE and they all show the same result. In the example shown below the week of 8/11 - 8/15 has been entered as sick time all week. But nowhere on the screen does that show up.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? Thanks.

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Are you using the Launchpage app or the Launchpad app?

The launchpage app does not have the Attendence type in the UI. This is only available with the launchpad app.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge, its the launchpad. I can access it through the tile on the launchpad. I can also reach it by direct URL:  http://iwpw08v402.irwd.corp:8000/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ui5_hcm_tsa/index.html

How would I be able to tell the difference?

Thanks.

-Rob

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

The one you mention(UI5_HCM_TSA)  is the Launchpage app.

The new BSP is HCM_TS_APV.

Your launchpad link should look like

https://<server><port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html

Best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's very interesting. The link you suggested is the link we use to get to the launchpad and it works just fine. But when I click on the tile for the Time Approval app, it takes me to this location:

http://hostname:8000/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ui5_hcm_tsa/index.html?backToHome=true&sap-theme=ZSAP_IronWo...

Which has the ui5_hcm_tsa app.

How would this get repaired?

and thank you again for your help.

best,

-Rob Solomon

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

1) The Wave2 apps do not have a index.html file.

Are you sure you are using the link above and not the link below.

https://<server><port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/launchpage/home.html

2) Could you check for any other app. Do you see index.html as well for the other app.

When you click on the Approve Timesheet you should see a URL like the one below.

The wave2 app is based on the semantic object and action and will not have index.html

sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html#TimeEntry-approveTimeEntry

Best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I think the install guide is pointing people to install Wave 1 apps (ui5_hcm_tsa). For example, this link is to the "approve timesheets" install guide: SAP Fiori Installation and Configuration

It clearly tells customers to activate UI5_HCM_TSA.

On the other hand, in the online documentation for Approve Timesheets (App Implementation: Approve Timesheets - SAP Fiori Apps for Lower Back-End Releases - SAP Library) it shows that the technical name for the app is  HCM_TS_APV.

I have gone back to SICF and activated /default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/hcm_ts_apv and /default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/hcm_ts_cre. When I test them, they both fail with similar error messages:

/default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/hcm_ts_apv      File sap/hcm_ts_apv/index.html NOT found!

/default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/hcm_ts_cre       File sap/hcm_ts_cre/index.html NOT found!

I also saw a similar thread here , and it did not help clarify.

Please help me to understand the right way to move forward. Thanks so much for your help, Pankaj!

-Rob Solomon

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

If you test directly via SICF the app will fail since the app does not contain index.html.

Wave2 apps do not have index.html files.

You need to set up the launchpad and call the app via the launchpad.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your help in getting this resolved. Our developer was able to get the new My Timesheet app and Approve Timesheet app running. There are some pretty significant differences between them! I was surprised.

Anyway, i would have spun my tires for weeks without your help, so thank you for helping come to the right conclusion quickly.

-Rob Solomon

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear that your issues are resolved.

Do you also have an OSS ticket open for the same. Could you please close that as well if the issue is resolved.

Best Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

We are also facing the same issue. launch pad is pointing to Wave 1 apps only.

Could you please let us know how to switch apps from wave 1 to wave 2.

Regards,

Bharath Reddy

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

As discussed remove the hard coding of the Wave1 URL from the Launchpad customizing and restore that to original semantic object and navigation and it will work properly.

Best regards

Pankaj

Answers (0)