cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Layout for Web Page Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm tring to follow a guide, to create a custom layout for the web page composer.

This guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/804bedee-377e-2e10-0f83-d5b33c743...

I builded the portal project and I deployed it on the portal.

Actualy i can see and select my custom layout and i can drop the element on the container from the page builder, but, when i save the content I can't see any elements anymore.

If I publish the page I see my custom Layout... but empty, without any paragraph or article.

Do u have any idea on why this could appen ?

Best regards Enrico.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To everybody,

I made it to work,

the error was pretty stupid just didnt report the right container id on the com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont1 property in my portalapp.xml.

JSP

<lyt:container id="testoSinistra" />

PORTALAPP

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont1" value="testoSinistra">

<property name="title" value="Left Column"/>

<property name="orientation" value="vertical"/>

</property>

I will upload the project for anyone who have any issue on implementing a WPC layout.

Dropbox - WebPageComposerCustomLayouts.zip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico, thanks for sharing! it's priceless!

I have a question about XML_Template:

You've used

layoutID="pcd:portal_content/templates/pcc/layouts/1Top4Bottom_(100__25_25_25_25)"

pageID="1Top4Bottom"

<CustomAttributes>
     <Attribute key="JSP_Template" value="gpar:/1Top4BottomLayout/1Top4Bottom"/>

</CustomAttributes>

However, your project is named meli.it.WebPageComposerCustomLayouts and your component is meli_layout.

Despite that, did you be able to work properly with this custom layout both in design time and runtime?

Perhaps I'm confused about this. After several tries, I was not be able to get working my custom layout.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance

BR

Marcelo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

you are right, I haven't noticed that, perhaps is not so important to make the layout work correctly.

I thing u may have an issue somwhereelse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

you're right, my XML_Template was malformed.

After I've corrected it, everything work like a charm.

Related to layoutID and pageID, I've followed this KBA article:

1748950 - Custom WPC layouts displayed incorrectly at Design Time after upgrade to 7.3

I think it's somehow related because, in the end, it worked.

A true mistery, indeed

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Marcelo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your help but I still didn't make my layout work.

I uploaded the project on my dropbox and i will share here the link.

Hope somebody can have a look on it and help me to find the problem.

Here is the link:

0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

Your XML template in portalapp.xml is collapsed, that's probably the reason, it misses spaces.

Example:

Instead of <Constainer containerID="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont1">

You have <ContainercontainerID="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont1">

My suggestion is that you take the XML template, decode it using:

http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/DotNet/Tools/HTMLEncode/decode.aspx

make sure you do all of the spacing correctly and then use

HTML Encoder

to encode it back and insert it to the portalapp.xml

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is true on the component "overview", but the one i'm using is the component "meli_layout"...

On this component description the XML template is not collapsed.

0 Kudos

But it's like that in the portalapp.xml.. the layout template xml is taken from the portalapp xml and there it is still collapsed.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok guys,

I just copied the xml descriptor from the guide and than I had one compoenet.

I paste here the source for the application-config and the component I'm interested on.

<application-config>

<property name="SharingReference" value="com.sap.portal.pagebuilder"/>

</application-config>

<components>

<component name="meli_layout">

<component-config>

<property name="ClassName" value="com.sapportals.portal.pb.layout.PageLayout"/>

<property name="ResourceBundleName" value="pagebuilder_nls"/>

<property name="SafetyLevel" value="no_safety"/>

</component-config>

<component-profile>

<property name="ComponentType" value="com.sapportals.portal.layout"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.TagLibLayout" value="/SERVICE/com.sap.portal.pagebuilder/taglib/layout.tld"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.pcm.Title" value="Meli Book Layout"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.pcm.Description" value="Meli Book Layout"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.TemplateFile" value="meli_two_columns.jsp"/>

<property name="AuthScheme" value="anonymous"/>

<property name="testoSinistra" value="top">

</property>

<property name="TestoDestra" value="bottom1">

<property name="title" value="Right Column"/>

</property>

<property name="XML_Template" value="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;UTF-8&quot;?&gt;&lt;PageLayout xmlns:xsi=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation=&quot;../xsd/PBlayout.xsd&quot; layoutID=&quot;pcd:portal_content/templates/pcc/layouts/1Top4Bottom_(100__25_25_25_25)&quot; pageID=&quot;1Top4Bottom&quot;&gt;&lt;CustomAttributes&gt;&lt;Attribute key=&quot;JSP_Template&quot; value=&quot;gpar:/1Top4BottomLayout/1Top4Bottom&quot; /&gt;&lt;/CustomAttributes&gt;&lt;TableLayout width=&quot;100%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; cols=&quot;2&quot; /&gt;&lt;ContainersRow&gt;&lt;Container containerID=&quot;testoSinistra&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;50%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;1&quot; vAlign=&quot;top&quot; /&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;Container containerID=&quot;testoDestra&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;50%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;1&quot; vAlign=&quot;top&quot; /&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;/ContainersRow&gt;&lt;/PageLayout&gt;"/>

</component-profile>

</component>

</components>

I also had a look on this guide:

How to Use the Tag Library - Running an Enterprise Portal - SAP Library

It looks pretty similar to what I got apart for this line on the <component-profile> tag:

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.TagLibLayout" value="/SERVICE/com.sap.portal.pagebuilder/taglib/layout.tld"/>

that is on the sap How To

<property name="NavigationTagLibrary"
  value=
"/SERVICE/com.sap.portal.pagebuilder/taglib/layout.tld"/>

I tried to change it and save thje project but i still get the error on the jsp page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<application>

<application-config>

<property name="SharingReference" value="knowledgemanagement,

com.sap.portal.pagebuilder,

com.sap.portal.navigation.navigationtaglibrary,

com.sap.portal.useragent"/>

</application-config>

<components>

<component name="xxx">

<component-config>

</component-config>

<component-profile>

<property name="com.sap.portal.page.builder.optimization.level" value="2"/>

<property name="TagLibSAPLayout" value="/SERVICE/com.sap.portal.pagebuilder/taglib/layout.tld"/>

<property name="TagLibSAPNavigation" value="/SERVICE/com.sap.portal.navigation.navigationtaglibrary/taglib/TagLibrary.tld"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.TemplateFile" value="framework/layout_framework.jsp"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont1" value="TechnicalContainer">

<property name="plainDescription" value="Technical Container"/>

</property>

</component-profile>

</component>

</components>

<services/>

</application>

This works well for me, please try it on your own

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

I uploaded my project on dropbox, if you can have a look on it, maybe you can find the issue.

I still couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enrico, here you go:

FreakShare - Easy One-Click File Hosting

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence thjanks very much,

I'm goin to try it now, can I know what did you change in the project ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

changed first 3 lines in your layout JSP (book...) and adpated your appl descriptor.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks,

but the layout i wanted use was the meli_layout with the meli_two_columns.jsp,

I try to add the same line on thet jsp and i think the xml descriptor should be ok for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's still not working,

I get this exception:

[PortalAppBroker.getJSPResourceComponent() failed jsp/meli_two_columns.jsp@meli.it.WebPageComposerCustomLayouts.meli_layout
[EXCEPTION]
com.sap.portal.prt.om.ObjectNotAvailableException: Object: [jsp/meli_two_columns.jsp@meli.it.WebPageComposerCustomLayouts.meli_layout] load failed
at com.sap.portal.prt.om.ObjectsManager.createObejctHandle(ObjectsManager.java:246)
at com.sap.portal.prt.om.ObjectsManager.getObjectHandle(ObjectsManager.java:147)
at com.sap.portal.prt.broker.PortalAppBroker.getJSPResourceComponent(PortalAppBroker.java:456)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.exception.JspParseException: Error in parsing the taglib tag in the JSP page. Cannot resolve URI: [prt:taglib:TagLibSAPLayout]. Possible reason - validation failed. Check if your TLD is valid against its scheme.

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspTaglibDirective.registerTaglib(JspTaglibDirective.java:279) 

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sapportals.portal.prt.deployment.descriptor.IConfiguration.getPropertyValue(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'profile'

at com.sap.portal.prt.servlets_jsp.syntax.JspTaglibDirective.determineInternalTaglibLocation(JspTaglibDirective.java:124)

Any ideas ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

<application>

<application-config>

<property name="SharingReference" value="knowledgemanagement,

com.sap.portal.pagebuilder,

com.sap.portal.navigation.navigationtaglibrary,

com.sap.portal.useragent"/>

</application-config>

<components>

<component name="overview">

<component-config>

</component-config>

<component-profile>     

<property name="TagLibSAPLayout" value="/SERVICE/com.sap.portal.pagebuilder/taglib/layout.tld"/>

<property name="TagLibSAPNavigation" value="/SERVICE/com.sap.portal.navigation.navigationtaglibrary/taglib/TagLibrary.tld"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.pcm.Title" value="Book (100,25|25|25|25)"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.pcm.Description" value="Book Layout (100% Top, 25% Bottom mostleft, 25% Bottom left, 25% Bottom right, 25 Bottom mostright)"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.TemplateFile" value="book.jsp"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont1" value="top">

<property name="title" value="Top Column"/>

</property>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont2" value="bottom1">

<property name="title" value="Bottom Column leftmost"/>

</property>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont3" value="bottom2">

<property name="title" value="Bottom Column left"/>

</property>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont4" value="bottom3">

<property name="title" value="Bottom Column right"/>

</property>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont5" value="bottom4">

<property name="title" value="Bottom Column rightmost"/>

</property>

<property name="XML_Template" value="&lt;?xmlversion=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;UTF-8&quot;?&gt;&lt;PageLayoutxmlns:xsi=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/PBlayout.xsd"layoutI... width=&quot;100%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot;cols=&quot;4&quot;/&gt;&lt;ContainersRow&gt;&lt;ContainercontainerID=&quot;com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont1&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;100%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;4&quot;vAlign=&quot;top&quot;/&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;/ContainersRow&gt;&lt;ContainersRow&gt;&lt;ContainercontainerID=&quot;com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont2&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;25%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;1&quot;vAlign=&quot;top&quot;/&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;ContainercontainerID=&quot;com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont3&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;25%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;1&quot;vAlign=&quot;top&quot;/&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;ContainercontainerID=&quot;com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont4&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;25%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;1&quot;vAlign=&quot;top&quot;/&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;ContainercontainerID=&quot;com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont5&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;25%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;1&quot;vAlign=&quot;top&quot;/&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;/ContainersRow&gt;&lt;/PageLayout&gt;"/>

</component-profile>

</component>

<component name="meli_layout">

<component-config>

</component-config>

<component-profile>

<property name="com.sap.portal.pcm.Title" value="Meli Book Layout"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.pcm.Description" value="Meli Book Layout"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.TemplateFile" value="meli_two_columns.jsp"/>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont1" value="top">

</property>

<property name="com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.Cont2" value="top2">

<property name="title" value="Right Column"/>

</property>

<property name="XML_Template" value="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;UTF-8&quot;?&gt;&lt;PageLayout xmlns:xsi=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation=&quot;../xsd/PBlayout.xsd&quot; layoutID=&quot;pcd:portal_content/templates/pcc/layouts/1Top4Bottom_(100__25_25_25_25)&quot; pageID=&quot;1Top4Bottom&quot;&gt;&lt;CustomAttributes&gt;&lt;Attribute key=&quot;JSP_Template&quot; value=&quot;gpar:/1Top4BottomLayout/1Top4Bottom&quot; /&gt;&lt;/CustomAttributes&gt;&lt;TableLayout width=&quot;100%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; cols=&quot;2&quot; /&gt;&lt;ContainersRow&gt;&lt;Container containerID=&quot;testoSinistra&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;50%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;1&quot; vAlign=&quot;top&quot; /&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;Container containerID=&quot;testoDestra&quot;&gt;&lt;TableCellData width=&quot;50%&quot; height=&quot;100%&quot; colSpan=&quot;1&quot; vAlign=&quot;top&quot; /&gt;&lt;/Container&gt;&lt;/ContainersRow&gt;&lt;/PageLayout&gt;"/>

</component-profile>

</component>

</components>

<services/>

</application>

<%@ taglib uri="prt:taglib:TagLibSAPLayout" prefix="lyt" %>

<%@ taglib uri="prt:taglib:TagLibSAPNavigation" prefix="nav" %>

<%@ page import="com.sapportals.portal.pb.layout.taglib.variabledef.RunMode" %>

<lyt:template>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="com.sap.km.cm.docs/meli_documents/Meli_common/Meli_css/meli_template_css.css" type="text/css"></link>

<table border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" height="100%">

<tbody>   

<tr>

<td class="sfondo-testi-interni-dx" vAlign=top width="50%">

testo di prova cella 1

<lyt:container id="top" wrappingMethod="none" />

</td>

<td class="sfondo-testi-interni-sx" vAlign=top width="50%">

testo di prova cella 2

<lyt:container id="top2" wrappingMethod="none" />

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</lyt:template>

regards

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence/Saar,

Even I am facing the same issue, when I am trying to migarate the custom layout from 7.03 to 7.4 on NWDS, can you please let me know what has to be done to resolve this .?

Regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

Make sure that you have no self enclosing tags in the layout:

for example <div/> instead of <div></div> as this might cause this issue.

If you can, upload the files to some location we can download and see that they are correct.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

doesnt tryed it on my own, but the tutorial looks straight forward and the procedure very similar to implementing a regular custom layout. Did you used the published source or changed it to accord it to your needs? Do you have any log entries regarding that issue? Thanks,

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

I had a look on the logs and i found an exception

[PortalAppBroker.getJSPResourceComponent() failed jsp/meli_two_columns.jsp@meli.it.WebPageComposerCustomLayouts.meli_layout
[EXCEPTION]

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: Error while processing jsp: portal module name = meli.it.WebPageComposerCustomLayouts, JSP name = jsp/meli_two_columns.jsp

at com.sap.portal.prt.servlets_jsp.JSPProcessor.processJsp(JSPProcessor.java:67)

at com.sap.portal.prt.broker.JSPComponentItem.getComponentInstance(JSPComponentItem.java:129)

at com.sap.portal.prt.broker.PortalComponentItem.load(PortalComponentItem.java:371)

at com.sap.portal.prt.om.ObjectsManager.createObejctHandle(ObjectsManager.java:234)

... 86 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.exception.JspParseException: Error in parsing the taglib tag in the JSP page. Cannot resolve URI: [prt:taglib:com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.WpcTagLibLayout]. Possible reason - validation failed. Check if your TLD is valid against its scheme.

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspTaglibDirective.registerTaglib(JspTaglibDirective.java:279)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspTaglibDirective.verifyAttributes(JspTaglibDirective.java:151)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspDirective.parse(JspDirective.java:106)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.ElementCollection.parse(ElementCollection.java:105)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.ParserImpl.parse(ParserImpl.java:696)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.GenerateJavaFile.generateJavaFile(GenerateJavaFile.java:72)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.jsp.JSPProcessor.parse(JSPProcessor.java:282)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.jsp.JSPProcessor.generateJavaFile(JSPProcessor.java:206)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.jsp.JSPProcessor.parse(JSPProcessor.java:138)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.JSPChecker.getClassName(JSPChecker.java:378)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.JSPChecker.compileAndGetClassName(JSPChecker.java:307)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.JSPChecker.getClassNameForProduction(JSPChecker.java:237)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.JSPChecker.processJSPRequest(JSPChecker.java:168)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.JSPChecker.processJSPRequest(JSPChecker.java:115)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.JspParser.generateJspClass(JspParser.java:156)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.JspParser.generateJspClass(JspParser.java:120)

at com.sap.portal.prt.servlets_jsp.JSPProcessor.processJsp(JSPProcessor.java:63)

... 89 more

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sapportals.portal.prt.deployment.descriptor.IConfiguration.getPropertyValue(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'profile'

at com.sap.portal.prt.servlets_jsp.syntax.JspTaglibDirective.determineInternalTaglibLocation(JspTaglibDirective.java:124)

at com.sap.portal.prt.servlets_jsp.syntax.JspTaglibDirective.getRealUri(JspTaglibDirective.java:52)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.jspparser_api.jspparser.syntax.JspTaglibDirective.registerTaglib(JspTaglibDirective.java:220)

... 105 more

I don't know if this could depends on my declaration of the taglib on the jsp.

Because the line where I specify my taglib is marked red and the message from NWDS is:

Can not find the tag library descriptor for "prt:taglib:com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.TagLibLayout.

All the tags lyt are marked in yellow.

I tought about to import the class com.sap.portal.reserved.layout.TagLibLayout

but I couldn't find it on any jar.

Do u have any hint ?

Thanks

Enrico

0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

The issue is that something is wrong in the portalapp.xml, It doesn't have anything to do with the taglib as that red line is only in the IDE.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enrico, Saar gave you the right clue, you have to declare the use of taglib properly in your application descriptor.

regards