Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiply/Divide Currency Translation BPC Scenarios

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the concept of Multiply and Divide in the Input currency dimension in BPC. What I wanted to know is a business scenario /example in which Multiply/Divide is used? Is it dependent on the users discretion whether they want to maintain the currency conversion rate at in a certain format requiring a multiply / divide or is it dependent on business requirements?

For example does the user decide whether the EUR to USD conversion rates be maintained at 1.39 justifying a M at the input currency dim or 0.73 justifying a D at the input currency dim? or is it based on business requirements?

Sincerely,

Nicky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The MD property is used to accommodate the way the rate is published.

For example in our country we have rates today (related to local currency RUR):

1 USD 36.2618 RUR

100 INR 59.4261 RUR

100 JPY 35,2416 RUR

Vadim

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vladim,

Thanks for replying. But the rates you mentioned can also be entered as

1 RUR = 0.027 USD (1/36.2618)  in that case the Multiply/Divide propery in input currency dimension in the rates model will have 'M' specified.

But what is the business logic? Is it based on user preference. Or based on the format of loading currency exchange rate data from external systems?

Regards,

Nicky

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicky,

My mistake!!! You are right, M/D is exactly what you are writing - M to multiply D - divide! The reason I think is the question of precision (7 digits after decimal limitation).

Vadim

Answers (0)