Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Conv: Time is not available in model

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to BPC. I have consulted many books and tried to research online but was not able to resolve these. Please help.

When I run DM package for standard currency translation, I get the error Time is not available in model SS_Curr_Trans_demo.

The SS_Curr_Trans_demo models structure is as follows.Also can you please tell me whats the logic of equating SS_ENTITY = GLOBAL in the FXTRANS.LGF

Sincerely,

Nicky

My rate model is as follows:

The FXTRANS.LGF looks as follows

When I modify FXTRANS.LGF like as follows, then the Package runs successfully but I do not understands the data update it is doing. It does not make any sense.

The DM Package script is as follows:

PROMPT(SELECTINPUT,,,,"%ENTITY_DIM%,%CATEGORY_DIM%,%ACCOUNT_DIM%,%CURRENCY_DIM%,%TIME_DIM%")

TASK(/CPMB/FX_RESTATMENT_LOGIC,SUSER,%USER%)

TASK(/CPMB/FX_RESTATMENT_LOGIC,SAPPSET,%APPSET%)

TASK(/CPMB/FX_RESTATMENT_LOGIC,SAPP,%APP%)

TASK(/CPMB/FX_RESTATMENT_LOGIC,SELECTION,%SELECTION%)

TASK(/CPMB/FX_RESTATMENT_LOGIC,LOGICFILENAME,FXTRANS.LGF)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicky,

You original FXTRANS.LGF has incorrect syntax, look in the help: Currency Conversion as Script Logic

Please also read this old but useful document: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6052a57b-8c64-2c10-b3a5-b0378ff21...

Vadim

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim for posting the documents. I have gone through these documents but still having issues. Can you please check whether my code is correct in the FXTRANS.LGF?

Sincerely,

Nicky

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"The Package runs successfully but I do not understands the data update it is doing."

You have a working script, but what is the issue?

Vadim

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

The FXTRANS.LGF which I am calling with Default.LGF upon saving the data in excel looks as follows. It runs but its giving me results which do not make any sense as explained below.

I am running the currency translation for Jan 2015. My exchange rate model is populated as follows.

After running the currency conversion,I see that the data for Indian Rupees is changed as follows. I do not know whats going on. Can you please help me figure this out?

Sincerely,

Nicky

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

" My exchange rate model is populated as follows." How are you populating your RATE model?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what do you have in LC?

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

It is just dummy data. I am inputting it.

Sincerely,

Nicky

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim. Your hint regarding LC solved my issue.

But now my Data manager package works by calling the FXTRANS.LGF but the currency conversion does not work when I call the same FXTRANS.LGF through DEFAULT.LGF file upon saving the worksheet.

I called another logic script by including it in the DEFAULT.LGF and upon saving the work sheet the other logic script worked.

Sincerely,

Nicky

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just put the text of FXTRANS.LGF in the default logic ONLY and test! Post here the text (not a screenshot) of your default.lgf.

Enter some data in LC for a single category.

Vadim

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your reply.

I have added the following code from FXTRANS.LGF to DEFAULT.LGF but it still not doing anything while saving the worksheet. If I run the same code by calling FXTRANS.LGF through DM package, then the currency conversion works.

*RUN_PROGRAM CURR_CONVERSION

CATEGORY = %SS_CAT_SET%

CURRENCY = %SS_RPTCURRENCY_SET%

TID_RA = %SS_TIME_SET%

//OTHER = [ENTITY=%SS_Entity_SET%]

RATEENTITY = Global

*ENDRUN_PROGRAM

As shown in the following picture, I have added the value in the Plan Category.

Sincerely,

Nicky

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicky,

This line is incorrect:

CURRENCY = %SS_RPTCURRENCY_SET%

Instead of %SS_RPTCURRENCY_SET% you have to provide target currencies members!

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But in general *RUN_PROGRAM CURR_CONVERSION is more applicable to DM packages (scoping issues).

For default.lgf it's better to write script with LOOKUP to rate model and WHEN/REC/ENDWHEN to do currency conversion only for the changed data.

B.R. Vadim

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Vadim. Issue resolved.

Sincerely,

Nicky

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And by the way: The OTHER= section needs to use the actual dimension names!!!

Vadim

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

ok, thanks Vadim.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Error - Time is not available in model SS_Curr_Trans_demo.

Could you just go to SYSTEM_CONSTANTS.LGF and check *FUNCTION TIMEDIM= Time Dimension Name.

SS_ENTITY = GLOBAL in the FXTRANS.LGF

This means the currency conversion happens at the ALL ENTITY level.

nicky_hays
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bishwajit,

how do i access SYSTEM_CONSTANTS.LGF?

sincerely

Nicky