Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Export to PDF with Group Tree Bookmarks

newmane
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Forum

I have created a Crystal Report aspx page with an export function of the report to pdf. So far all has been successful, except form one little annoying this. The report does export to a pdf file and it does create bookmarks based on the group tree, BUT when opening the pdf file the bookmarks hiest point which should be the file name is the really long temp file name with .rpt as an extension. I have looked every where to try to get it to write the filename to the bookmark hierarchy without success.

I come you you all for any form of help to solve this issue.

My code is below

CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions export_options = new ExportOptions();

export_options.ExportFormatType = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat;

string ext = ".pdf";

string reportName = "Filename";

CrystalDecisions.Shared.PdfFormatOptions pdfOptions = new PdfFormatOptions();

pdfOptions.CreateBookmarksFromGroupTree = true;

export_options.ExportFormatOptions = pdfOptions;

report.ExportToHttpResponse(export_options, Response, true, reportName);

Response.Clear();

Response.Buffer= true;

Response.End();

Below is an image of the output

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using the search box in the top right corner and entering the search string 'bookmark pdf crystal', the very 1st KBA is:

1331152 - Report exported to PDF format with bookmarks displays the bookmarks as report name plus a ...

Please see if this resolves the issue for you.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter