cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No results from DB Lookup when simulating BRF+ rule

jimsmith
0 Kudos

I am building a rule that receives an article performs a DB Lookup to MARA to return dimensions, article type, and a z-field for regulatory category. This data is used to determine if the product will fit or is excluded from gift boxing. I am unable to simulate the DB Lookup directly since the tables are not on the DSM system. When I simulate the function and specify the QA system, the results returned for dimensions are zero. Basis sees the call for the values to ECQ with no errors.

The structure of the rule and the details of the DB Lookup to MARA.

Executing against our ECQ system

MARA values for the article used in Simulation in our ECQ system.

Simulation details. You can see zero values for the dimensions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

I'm looking at your simulation trace and I can see a rule with a description starting with "Lookup ..." (screenshot is a little too blurry to read the full description) but I can't see any DB Lookup expressions being executed within it. Do you have a condition on your rule that is preventing it's execution?

If you need help determining this, can you post a screenshot of your rule?

Regards

Glen

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Is the field maybe using output conversion, means the internal value is different than the external value?

2. Did you deploy and then debug the generated code? In the generated code you should find a comment with the database lookup ID so that you easily find the place of the SELECT.