cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect BW-Java to SAP EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we've a BW as a dual-stack-installation and a standalone EP. Now I want to create a system connection to the BW-Java to call BWReport iViews in the Portal via AppIntegrator Scenario from:

But how to create system connection? What are the properties for WAS and ITS and Connector?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sumit_goel553
Explorer
0 Kudos

check  Note 1140854

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have same requirements to call BW Reports from EP Portal.

We have created the SAP_BW System Connection in the EP Portal System landscape with alias SAP_BW, after i created BI 7.x Bex iView, then in the iView provided the System: SAP_BW.

Now the EP Portal when i run the Bex-iView does not call the SAP_BI Portal to render the BI-iView but it tries to render it / run it in the Local Portal ???

How did you solve this ?

Thanks,

BR,

N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you run your BI web reporting on another java stack than your portal you have to connect your portals in system administration > federated portal network. The system alias from the federated portal is the system which you should set in your iView preferences.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, i know, but we should not use FPN,

instead the other Approach "Application Integration Service"....

Any Idea ?

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't use fpn also. We only use this "system connection" for the application integrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so after creating the BI-Java System (BI-Portal) as FPN System (Producer) in the EP-Portal, the Import of remote BI-Java Bex-Reports as iViews is possible on the EP-Portal? and the BW System Alias is the System Connection from FPN and not on System landscape ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you don't need to import them. You can create the iViews in your target portal directly. Important is only to set the system-property from the iview to the alias of fpn-portal and not SAP_LocalSystem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Now how can i create these remote iViews in the target Portal?

Is this done in the PCD per iView upload from BI-System or per FPN?

Do you have any Dokumentation on that please?

Second Thing is: can we Import the iViews from the BI-Portal directly?

Any detailed documentation or link on AI-Integration for BI-Portal in EP-Portal?

appreciate it so much, thx,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

See also the Blog - BI-JAVA, BEx Web and EP: the real connection

Best Regards Roland

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerrit,

I think Iview related part is mentioned in the note only 1149597 - Federated Portal Network and BI (Broadcasting/Bookmarking)

Rableen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I want to use AppIntegrator and not FPN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure fully , but you have to connect both the system via sld and sso also need to do ,then while creating iview it will have for BW also in the drop down.

RK