cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAOE Workbooks and SAP Standard Transport mechanism on Netweaver stack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are running BW 7.31 with the standard transport connection settings and not the BI transport mode.

Whenever a new BEx Analyzer worbook is created and saved on the netweaver stack, I get a popup to specifiy the package and I'm able  able to create the corresponding transport request.

I want to use the same mechanism for Analysis for Office workbooks, but each time I save a AAOE workbook, I do not get any popup for transport request creation at all and the AAOE workbook is stored as a local object in package $TMP.

Only chance will be to use the RSA1 -> Transport Connection Scenario to collect the AAOE workbooks in a transport request, but this is not really the way I want to go here.

I already checked all settings (ABAP: RS_RSAO_REGISTER_AND_TRANSP) and everything seems to OK...

Any ideas or is this simply not working?

Thanks and best regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks a lot for all your ideas carrying us through our migration project.

As described above we soon have to use the SAP Solution Manager within our productive environment.

Therefore I have just opened an SAP incident to ask for the official way to handle Analysis for Office changes together with the SAP Solution Manager.

I will keep you updated.

Kind regards

Michael

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

meanwhile for work around you may use system replacement feature

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59614

0 Kudos

Hi All,

we use the BEX Standard Transport method in RSA1 for now, it works so far (during the project).

But having only one transport at a time for all reporting changes, does not fulfill our needs in production together with the SAP SMP (Solution Manager)  in use, which creates seperate transports for each and every change request.

Maybe I will open an OSS later on about that.

I will keep you updated about the result.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

you can create different transport request for different develoment packages in RSA1 -> Transport Connection -> default transport request,  but even then for the initial transport of your BOA workbooks you will need to assign the correct development package so this is as well more like a work around...

Regards,

Andreas

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas Freistedt,

Did you check The authorization object for using SAP NetWeaver as platform is S_RS_AO

Please have look at the documentation in administrator guide(page 44) hope this helps

Best Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

due to the fact that there is no real transport yet, my solution is to transport table entries with defined key (which is working)

Analysis Objects are being stored within BW in table RSAOOBJ storing the binary object

and table RSAOOBJT

storing the textual descriptions

Just select your workbook or powerpoitn object by technical name (part of the key) and

OBJTYPE

OBJTYPE = blank ==> Excel workbooks

OBJTYPE = 1 ==> PowerPoint

OBJTYPE = 10==> DesignStudio

Hope that helps

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

do you have found an answer to your question above ?

We encounter exactly the same issue, also collecting objects with RSA1 instead of beeing asked during save process.

Any hint is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

there is no connection with AAOE anymore to the SAPLOGON pad so as a consequence no popup to ask for a transport request will appear. New created AAOE workbook will automatically be saved in BW with dev. class $TMP. Only chance is to transport it via RSA1.

Changes to any transported AAOE workbook will then automatically appear under the new BEx default transport request, which you need to setup as well in RSA1.

Not very elegant, but it seems that this is the new way which you have to use for your AAOE transports.

Regards,

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

wow - that was an amazing quick reply, thanks.

I agree with your "Not very elegant..." but then I know what to do, I think.

Kind Regards
Michael