cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To allow GR few days in Advance in Scheduling Agreement process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to know if the following is possible via SAP.

I understand that when the both ME84 and the ME9E is trigger, the Goods Receipt for Schedule Agreement will not be possible if the goods receipt date is way before the delivery date.

For example, if I am going to perform a GOOD RECEIPT on today (march 10th) and the delivery date below is stated the week of 18th 2014 (i.e. during the last week of April). System will not allow.

But my question is this:

If today is 25 of April (i.e. 3 days before 28th of April stated in the SA), may I know if the SAP system allow Goods Receipt into system given that it is only 3 days different and it is quite usual on business practise that the goods are produced few days in advance (not 1 week in advance, but delivery few days in advance). Does this allow in SAP during MIGO-GR or will it hits error message?

If not, then may I know if there a way to set a GR tolerance on this which allow few days in advance to able to perform GR into system for Scheduling Agreement in SAP?

Regards,
Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly, schedule agreements shall be used if you rely on delivery dates in any kind. Too early is bad because you have no storage capacity, too late is bad because your production may run out of components and gets stuck.

It is an agreement with your vendor to get the material on time. For any other case you can use the schedule lines in the purchase order, or you can fix the prices in a contract.

if you travel with train or plane, you get a schedule, with the dates and the time ,with your connections... you expect that everything works like it is written there. How disappointed would you be if you arrive at the airport on Thursday and you get told that your connection flight was already here 3 days earlier.

If I am not mistaken, then you got already in several similar discussions the OSS note that has the modification that allows to receive earlier.

Answers (0)