cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading a subset of BW Transactional data into BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Hopefully someone can help me with a problem I have been facing.

I am running: EPM 10 SP13

Currently, we load a full set of transactional data from a staging BW cube into the BPC model.  In terms of time, this is from 1990 to date.

Each evening, before the above mentioned load, we clear data in the BPC model against a specific dimension category to handle deleted data which does not come in on the flat file full load each night.

I would not like to only run this clear and load process for the last 2 years worth of data.

The 'Clear' package via a BW process chain using UJD_TEST_PACKAGE and an answer prompt setting as below works a treat:

%SELECTION%     DIMENSION:ANALYSIS||DIMENSION:BRAND||DIMENSION:CATEGORY|BW_ACTUAL|DIMENSION:CUSTOMER||DIMENSION:DATASRC|DS_ACT_BW_INPUT|DIMENSION:INDUSTRY||DIMENSION:METRIC||DIMENSION:PRODUCT||DIMENSION:RPTCURRENCY||DIMENSION:SUPPLY_SITE||DIMENSION:TIME|2012.01,2012.02,20012.03,2012.04,2012.05,2004.06,2012.07,2012.08,2012.09,2012.10,2012.11,2012.12,2013.01,2013.02,2013.03,2013.04,2013.05,2013.06,2013.07,2013.08,2013.09,20013.10,2013.11,12.2013

%ENABLETASK%     1

%CHECKLCK%     0

However, I cannot get the load run package (Load Transaction Data from BW InfoProvider UI) to pick up only 2 years worth of data.

%InforProvide%     ZBPC_11

%SELECTION%     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?><Selections xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><Selection Type="Selection" /><Selection Type="FieldList"><FieldID>0CALMONTH</FieldID><FieldID>0CALYEAR</FieldID><FieldID>0CHNGID</FieldID><FieldID>0RECORDTP</FieldID><FieldID>0REQUID</FieldID><FieldID>ZBPC_1</FieldID><FieldID>ZBPC_10</FieldID><FieldID>ZBPC_6</FieldID><FieldID>ZJ_DEALER</FieldID><FieldID>ZJ_DEFIND</FieldID><FieldID>ZJ_MODEL</FieldID><FieldID>ZJ_MRPSTE</FieldID><FieldID>ZJ_TYPE</FieldID></Selection></Selections>

%TRANSFORMATION%     \ROOT\WEBFOLDERS\COMPANY\S_AND_OP\DATAMANAGER\TRANSFORMATIONFILES\BW Actuals.xls

%DATATRANSFERMODE%     10

%CLEARDATA%     No

%RUNLOGIC%     No

%CHECKLCK%     No

I have tried setting the option in the EPM add-on when I run the Load Transaction Data from BW InfoProvider UI package but this results in the chain running for ages and never completing, despite their being activity in SM50.  Almost like an infinite loop!

I then tried using the code in the UJD_TEST_PACKAGE script pointing to the above:

<Selection Type="Selection"><Attribute><ID>0CALMONTH</ID><Operator>1</Operator><LowValue>2020</LowValue><HighValue /></Attribute></Selection>

Does anyone know how I can set the import package to only include the last 2 years ?  I have found that pre BPC 10, you could add something to the transformation file but I do not believe that is now supported.

Thanks for any guidance.

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

To filter the field 0CALMONTH you have to use the format MM.YYYY

Ex.: lowvalue = 01.2012 highvalue = 12.2013  to filter 2 years.

If you want to automate the package to load only the last 2 years without having to filter manually, you can either create a macro to create the xml with the filters and run the package or by creating a startroutine in the transformation file to consider the 2 years only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Fernando!

Quite a basic error in the end but I am glad it is now running a lot quicker.

Could you elaborate some more on automated this process?  What do you mean by a macro to create the xml files ?  Remember I am running the process via a BW chain using UJD_TEST_PACKAGE.

Using your alternative suggestion of created a start routine, do you mean as part of the transformation in the BW staging area or the BPC transformation file sourcing the data manager package ?

Thanks again.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Q: Could you elaborate some more on automated this process?  What do you mean by a macro to create the xml files ?

This process its for running package from excel. This document explain https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32636

Q: Using your alternative suggestion of created a start routine, do you mean as part of the transformation in the BW staging area or the BPC transformation file sourcing the data manager package ?

I mean the BPC transformation file. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4230

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Please, can you check it out to my discussion?

I cannot read data from an infoprovider (0 records count).

I would appreciate any helps,

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Manu