cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Studio 7.9.08.09 - Could not access to user management; Deleting old settings and reinstallation did not bring a change --> database studio deinstallation cannot be performed anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

for a few months I have been struggling with a  SAP Max DB database Studio issue and finally, I had to give up the idea of being able to fix this on my own. I am desperately seeking for help and I hope that you may be able to give me a hint, advice or even a solution.

This is what happened:

I used to run Windows 7 on 32bit. I also had Database Studio installed - which was running fine then.

After a harware upgrade, I am running now Windows 7 on a 64 bit System. All my files from my local disk (C:\) have been restored and copied onto my new system.

I reinstalled Database Studio Version 7.9.08.09 onto my new System.  But on the first try to start the program I received the error that said "Could not Access to user Management.See Window -> Show View-> Event Log Viewer for more Details."

However the Event Log Viewer was empty.

After searching the web for a solution, I followed the advice given in this community and deinstalled Database Studio and deleted the C.\Users\MyAccount\sdb folder manually.

I reinstalled Database Studio and started it as Administrator.

However, the error is still appearing.

And, what makes it even worse is : now I am not able to uninstall Database Studio anymore.

When I run SAP MaxDB Installation Manager and select the instance of database Studio to be uninstallled I am receiving the error:

"ERR: Unhandled Exception: Can't call method: "GenPackageList" on an undefined value at SDB/Install/Gui/Dialogs/SelectInstance.pm line 328"

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Agnieszka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Agnieszka,

When you re-installed the DBStudio after hardware migration, did you download and install the 64-bit version of the dbstudio ?

What is the version of java runtime installed on your machine ?

output of java -version

If you are a SAP customer, I would recommend you to create a CSS ticket and provide us with the WTS access to the server to analyze the issue in detail.

Regards, Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yashwanth,

thank you for your quick Response.

Yes, I downloaded and installed the 64 bit Version of dbstudio.

I downloaded and ran the following .exe file: maxdb-studio-win-64bit-x86_64-7_9_08_09.exe

I am running the following Java-Version:

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_45

Using JRE version 1.6.0_45-b06 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

I myself am not a SAP customer. However, the Company I am working for is a SAP customer.

Can you explain in Detail, how to create a ticket with SAP?

Thanks,

Agnieszka

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agnieszka,

Can you clear the registry entry for MaxDB database studio.

Delete the installation folder on your machine

REboot your machine.

Post this perform fresh install of database studio.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak Kori,

thank you very much for your Response!

This was actually the deciding hint!

I searched my registry for the string "maxdb" and deleted all entries.

Then I deleted the Installation Folder and C:\Users\MyAccount\sdb manually. I also removed the program from the program list.

I ran a registry cleaner Programme and rebooted my machine.

Then I reinstalled Database Studio and started it as Administrator.

And finally: It is running fine now!!

Thank you so much!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agnieszka,

Good to know problem is resolved. You may close this thread now.

Regards,

Deepak Kori