cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SAP ECM and SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

As per the business requirements, I need to integrate SAP PI and SAP ECM.

An SFTP folder shall exist on ECM system and PI should be able to read and write to this folder. Can someone provide the steps to achieve this?

Also, can folders in ECM system be accessed by other systems (SAP PI/ BODS etc) like a file system without using API's?

Regards

Vineet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vineet,

I know PI is integration broker for integrating the data. ECM is more about content (Document/Data). What does SAP PI meant to do with it content. Correct me if I am wrong about PI.

While collaboration is key feature of the any ECM it happens in the different way where which does not require SAP PI. It uses HTTP(RFC for older versions of SAP) to collaborate. Which mean on FTP or SFTP.

xECM for SAP by OT has comparatively good features. The collaboration is definitely possible with SAP BO for sure. Of course it is a different game all together. 

Cheers!

Kolusu  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

you can integrate them either via:

There is no built in FTP server.

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

Thus this mean that SAP PI will not able to read files from and write files to ECM?

Source folder will be on ECM and target folder is on some other SAP Server.

I wanted SAP PI to do the job of file transferring instead of writing a custom Java service to do this?

Regards

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

I cannot comment on the features of SAP PI, but if you speak about the NetWeaver ECM layer as in then there is no FTP/SFTP built in.

Things may vary if you talk about SAP ECM as in https://store.sap.com/sap/cpa/ui/resources/store/html/SolutionDetails.html?pid=0000003583&catID=&pcn...

Regards,

Dieter