cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentations about NWBC 4.0 configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've been searching on sdn for documentation about NWBC 4.0 configuration with no luck. Exactly, I am looking for how to personlize aspects (configuring home page, background and similar). Does anybody has a link to a good technical manual ?

thanks

Gabriele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regrettably, there's no "One" single good technical manual for NWBC. Part of the reason is NWBC is technically just a frontend like SAPGUI.  So just as SAPGUI has its own configuration and support different types of content generation tools (e.g. ABAP Query, Report Writer, ABAP report etc); NWBC also have its own equivalent.

Hopefully, the link below will guide you along:

1) NWBC Frontend Customization (section 3.4 - End user Configuration)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4c/5bda8897817511e10000000a42189b/content.htm?frame...

2) The 3 most content generation tools - Web Dynpro ABAP and its derivative tool POWL, Side Panel,  & Web Dynpro ABAP and POWL

3) Page Builder - Basically another extension of Web DynPro

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/0c/70a153f1f04b148160028b854131a8/content.htm?frame...

HTH

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Damean-BF Chen,

Your links are great but your help.sap.com links seems to be for NWBC 3.5 as show by the screen shots:

Is there any such documentation for NWBC 4?

Many thanks!

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert

Thanks for pointing that up  ... the NWBC rel 4.0 help is as below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/03/ecbafb844b450a9314a5683b75ed80/frameset.htm

Cheers

Damean

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

That's great Damean-BF Chen - many thanks.

I come from a traditional SAP GUI environment and I can't get my head round what POWLs are useful for?

Users already have reports that they use to do for their day to day jobs.

So what does a POWL offer?

I know there must be a use for them but I'm struggling...

They seem so complicated what with their cockpit, and refresh, and all that stuff we normally don't worry about with standard ABAP reports.

Any further info about them would be great!

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

POWL is basically like ABAP Query (ABQ) designed for the Web. Hence you could create them as a SOA service (fancy way of saying directly access them using a Web Address via an Internet Browser vs going through WebGUI \ SAPGUI).

The extra thing ...

a) User could create a separate sub tab for each variant they desire (vs in ABQ, each variant would have to be launch as separate SAPGUI window). E.g. In NWBC, the customer service could have a Sub Tab for Return Orders, Sales Order, Delivery etc ...

b) Configurer could group multiple types of Objects into one Cockpit e.g. You could create a PFCG node that has POWL that shows SalesOrder, Delivery, Shipment etc within a single screen. Each type with its own sub tab. Handy to create a Cockpit like screen that reduce navigation .

c) Developers could more easily create Macro Button (e.g. Select a Line with Sales Order, Click a Macro Button and it will call VA03 to display your sales order directly)

d) Developer could combine Web DynPro (FPM) and POWL to create even more sophisticated web like application. Quite a look of application in SRM, CRM, GRC etc is created using this method ...

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

That's so useful Damean-BF Chen - much better in your few lines than in the hours I've spent scouring the web!

I don't mean to hijack this thread so if I'll rasie further questions in a new thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar doubts about powl so: no problem... anyway, I found a good documents about configuring layout and similar:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70727d0f-3f09-2f10-75ab-ef881b164...

Answers (0)