cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on html version of SAP Screen Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have installed Personas 2.0 on my test system, and finished most of the configuration .  The Sliverlight component is working fine now. However, when I switch to the configuration of the html component, I met an issue. I don't know how to start the html version of Personas.

As I find in forum , the service node for html version in SICF is webgui as illustrated in the following screenshot.

however, after I start the service node, I got the following screen which I don't think is Personas.

did I start the wrong service node? if I am then which one is the correct.

Here I also attached the configuration I did for html version of Personas:

1.role with authorization object /PERS/AOBJ has been assigned to the logon user. And the authorizaiton object has been given with full authorization.

2.added webgui?sap-ie=edge&… while accessing .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Torren,

Did you find a resolution to this issue? I am having the exact same problem. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Veera

Mohanraj
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to reply from Peter Spielvogel on May 29 in the above conversation for the reply to your query.

Regards,

Mohan

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You are on the right path, but I think there may be something missing in the authorization setup. Personas HTML can indeed be accessed via the HTML GUI (webgui), but if everything is configured correctly, you should have a Personas button in the toolbar when starting the webgui, like this:

Double-check how the related role and corresponding profile is set up in PFCG. If all authorizations are specified for object /PERS/AOBJ then try to see if adding the other two /PERS/* objects with full authorizations would help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hoznek,

I added all the authorization objects with /PERS/* included with full authorization.

However, I still cannot find the Personas Button on the screen.

here is the authorization I added. there are only two with /PERS/* :   /PERS/AUTH and /PERS/AOBJ

Do you have any other suggestion?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That looks good to me...

You wrote that you have sap-ie=edge as part of the URL... out of curiosity, what is your URL like?

This works for me:

http://servername:portnumber/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-ie=edge&sap-client=800&sap-language=EN

Is yours formatted the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hoznek

yes, and I open with the same address, it doesn't work.  Did miss something, do you need me to provide more details?

http://servername:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-ie=edge&sap-client=001&sap-language=EN

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Don't know what else to suggest. If authorization is set properly and the URL is correct, it should work unless there is some installation problem.

I reckon you installed the add-on in a system with kernel 7.40, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,  it is  741, sp19,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torren,

Do you manage to solve the problem?
I encounter same problem here.

Regards,

edwin_wisanto
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are having the same issue too, still looking for a solution.

Greetings

PeterSpielvogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The HTML component of Personas 2.0 has very limited capability. All our customers using SAP Screen Personas in production are using the Silverlight version.

We will be discussing the product roadmap at SAPPHIRE NOW next week. If you cannot attend those sessions, we will post the information in the SAP GUI space. Stay tuned...

Regards,

Peter

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Torren,

did you solve the issue? If yes, could you kindly post the solution?

Regards

Wolfgang

PeterSpielvogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

This may answer your question.

And this may provide some guidance on how to move forward.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

I would start this by thansking you as I was strugging for last few days to start Persna for HTMl, but when I used the url posted by u, finally I am able to see some screen with the Persona button on top. Attaching a screen shot below, could you please guide me or provide me something on how to strat with this HTML verison as there is no option to create flavour or modify nay scren, infact when I click on PERSONA button on toolbar nothing happens..

Thanks

Pooja

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Pooja,

Please do not use the currently available HTML Personas component. If your intention is to have a Silverlight-free Personas environment, wait for the upcoming 3.0 version.

For the details why this is so, refer to this blog:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas for your valuable inputs..infact I have already gone through these links available on sdn.

We are currently using silverlights for our developmentI but out of this curosisty I am trying handson this HTML version as well, adn tryign to explore the features in this. Could you please let me know how to proceed further in this, as when I right click on Persona button it does not give me edit option or create a flavour option, is something missing in the configuration? as depsite the drawback of HTML persona user still can use this to modify screens by creating favours.

Thanks

Pooja