cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Location SAP Records Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question around where to store the data of the physical location of a document in Records Management.

After a document is uploaded to a record, I have been asked if it is possible to store the physical location of the hard copy of the document so that it can be easily located if neccessary. I have looked in the system and can't find anywhere to add notes etc and there is nowhere in the attributes that I can add the location. It would not be possible to add this into the short description due to the way this is used in my company.

I understand there is the possibility to Define Storage Locations Customizing (V_RMPS_STORPLACE), would this be the correct place to put this information and if so does this then show in the record attributes?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Good day, David!

What do you mean by "physical location"? Is it content-server location of a document? Or local user-path, from where document was uploaded?

Best regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I don´t know much about RM. I was in a RM project some years ago, and that´s all. So maybe I am not understanding the question.

This is what I have understood: you have the physical location of the documents and you would like to have an attribute to place it so the users can look it up.

If I don´t remember wrong, you could go to transaction DMWB and add an attribute there. Would this solve your problem? Or am I completely lost?

Best regards,

Guillermo

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David,

What Guillermo has written is the way in which you can ensure that the location is stored & made visible to the user in the attributes popup for a document. Please note that the location is just a text.It will not be a hyperlink which can be clicked. V_RMPS_STORPLACE is not for this kind of requirement.

Best Regards,

Pragya