cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: How to route a request based upon system and role???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently, I have created a custom BRF+ rule which has below mentioned configurations:

The path is simple: Requester->Manager->RoleOwner

The action for "New Account" request type is: Assign Object

The action for "Change Account" request type is: Assign Object

I have below provisioning settings:

This way request is getting created successfully. However, what is happening is that, if a user is already created in the back end system and now try to raise and submit another request for him in the same back end system with request type "New Account", system does not object and simply modifies the existing user account with the details mentioned in the request. This seems not to be the ideal scenario. Actually, system should give me error for this user's available and request should not be allowed to submit. If a "Change Account" request type is submitted, then it is normal and user should be updated in the back end system accordingly.

I changed the provisioning settings to:

and the actions for "New Account" is: Create User and Assign Object. For "Change Account", it is: Assign Object.

If now I try to raise and submit a request of "New Account" type for a user who is already available, then system stops and and gives error. However, for another user who is not available in back end system, the workflow is getting failed citing: "No Role Owner Found".

Not sure why this is failing. Any idea?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Since your path contains roleowner stage so you need to route system lineitem to no stage path . So in your initiator BRF rule, you can use attribute 'ROLE_CONNECTOR' and check if this field is initial, then it means that it is a system lineitem and you can send it to a different path ( without any stage ) . If this field is not initial then you can use the existing conditions that you have shown above .

Best Regards,

Aman

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amanjit,

Thanks for your quick reply.

May you please help me understand this further? Considering my existing BRF+ settings, which is shared above), how should I go ahead?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Your current rule has 2 columns, 'Request type' and 'Role Name'. Now you will have to add one more column 'Role Connector' to this decision table.

Now very first row of this decision table should check if 'Role Connector' is 'Initial' . and then rule result for this first role should be say 'NO_STAGE_PATH'. ( for system lineitem )

You dont need to modify other rows in the decision table .

Now in msmp, you need to create a new path ( without any stage ) and map it to the rule result above.

After completing above steps, when you create a request with system and roles, multi path request will be created and systems will be sent to no stage path . Roles will continue on the existing paths that you have.

Best Regards,

Aman

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aman,

Thank you very much for helping out. I got the clarity, but need some more help.

I added another "Role_Connector" column in the "Conditioning Column".

I did not get what this "Initial" means. Should I mention "Initial" here in highlighted field using "Direct Value Input" option for this column?

And against this entry, should I again use  "Direct Value Input" option for "Rule_Result" and write "NO_STAGE_PATH"?

Will it be enough to keep only one such entry in the decision table?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aman,

I made changes and below are the details for BRF+ and MSMP:

BRF+

Maintain Rules:

Path:

Route Mapping:

Still I am getting the same error. Kindly advise.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Any advise please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

You dont have to manually type 'Initial' but have to select from the drop down as shown below :

All the steps that you have performed above are correct. Your scenario should work once you make this change.

Best Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal/Amanjit,

I have some changes in the decision table of BRF+ but I am not able to bring those changes in my MSMP. What are the steps you have followed to bring those decision table changes in MSMP

Thanks a lot.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I am not sure what are those changes and how you are bringing them in MSMP. Please let me know in detail, if possible.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thanks a lot for the response. I am able to resolve the issue. Now it is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm trying to configure the application for users to be approved by the role. Take the example of Faisal Khan but I is throwing the following error "Item '0002' Resulted to ''; can not resolve path, check routing mapping - submit Request failed;. error in MSMP submit method appreciate your help.

BRF initiator

BRF Approver+

Path:

Regards,

Freddy Cortes

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Freddy,

Based upon my experience, this error is caused due to the inconsistency in the Decision Table. Please try to simulate the decision table and check what results you get (with all the possible scenarios your are looking for).

Btw, if your requirement is as same as mine, then I think the solution is already available in this thread.

Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One alternative approach would be to key off the PROV_ACTION field.  Since all Role provisioning item types would either be '006', '009', or '010' (Assign, Retain, Remove), you could have a decision table with a line item that routes 'SYS' provisioning item types to a No-Stage path, if line item is not equal to (or is not any or doesn't contain) '006' OR '009' OR '010' as the PROV_ACTION.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daryl,

It would be great help if you explain little more on this.

If request only comes with SYSTEM, how request will go to NO STAGE as well as 1st STAGE where 1st stage appover will add roles???

Help please..