cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition type only for one plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I've created a new condition type sometimes ago (freight one).

Now I want it to be available only for one of the plants I manage.

These plants belong to different company codes but are assigned to the same purchasing organization.

I noticed there is a customizing setting: "define condition control at plant level".

At this time, it is blank for all plants: "conditions allowed with and without plant"

Do I need to record "only plant-related conditions allowed" for the plant I want to restrict the condition type? Or for every plant?

What are the next steps?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you choose 'only plant related conditions allowed' option in OMF0, then the info records can be created with plant only, you cant create central contracts etc.

Since the issue is for only one condition type, I would suggest you to go for access sequence with plant for the condition type. Create a new access sequence for the condition type with condition table containing plant (and any other characteristic as required) and assign the same to the condition type. Maintain the condition type with "Not possible to process manually". Maintain the condition record accordingly in MEK1 with relevant plant.

Now the condition type will be available automatically, based on the plant, in PO. The user wont be able to insert it manually.

If the condition is a manual condition as of now, then you can create a new condition table with plant only as characteristic. Maintain the condition record with blank value. Now the condition will be always visible in PO with blank value for the particular plant.

You may check the option and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much AKPT.

But I need further help because I do not know a lot around that subject.

My condition is a manual condition.

I created a new condition table with plant as the only characteristics.

You said I have to maintain the condition record with blank value.

Then I run MEK1...but the condition type is not available in the list! Would you have an idea about the reason why?

Thanks in advance.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to M/07 and create a new access sequence and assign the condition table to the access sequence. Now, go to M/06 and assign the access sequence to the condition type.

Once its assigned, you can maintain the condition record in MEK1.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

At that time, as I manually record the condition type into the PO header, I do not have an access sequence.

Do you mean I need one to be able to set up the plant specific condition type?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You didnt mention that its a header condition!!! Condition record technique wont work for header condition, as explained in the note: 17217 - No access sequences for header conditions. The header conditions are always manual.

If its a header condition, how you will restrict based on plant, if there is multiple plants in PO?. Always PO will be with single plant?

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for not having mentionned this is a header condition.

This is due to lack of knowledge around this subject.

Yes the PO will be with single plant...and let me precise, is needed this is a stock transport order.

Thank you for your time and help.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it stock transport order, you can have document type specific schemas ( procedures )

you can have a schema with this specific condition type and assign it to a plant specific document type

Using authorizations you can limit the access to this document type to specific plant

have a look at the configurations step Purchasing > conditions > define price determination process > define schema determination.

in this step look for stock transport order.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ajith already explained, you can define pricing procedure based on document type and supplying plant.

Define a new pricing schema for the plant in M/08 and add the plant specific condition type in the calculation schema. Assign the the pricing procedure to your STO document type - supplying plant combination in the path: OLME - Conditions - Define Price Determination Process - Define Schema Determination - Determine Schema for Stock Transport Orders

Do you want based on receiving plant, then you may check the feasibility of different document type.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both.

The stock transport order is default defined in my system with document type NB (not UB or UD).

But in the determine shema for stock transport order, there is no way to select NB.

Do you think I need to go through calculation shema for standard PO? If yes can you advise me how to use?

Anyway, are you sure the results of all these settings will be I can manually fill my specific condition table for the specific plant?

Or does the result will be the condition table will come automatically for the STO from the specific plant? This is not my requirement. I want to be sure this condition table is not use în a STO with other supplying plants and I want to manually filled when I need.

Thanks a lot.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is NB, then it must be inter company stock transfer , isnt it?

In this case, you will have to  treat it like vendor scenario.

Here too you can have a separate schema assigned to a plant vendor specifc schema group, and in the vendor master of the plant you can assign that schema group.

possible but cumbersome; why dont you do a test and see....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have a condition table 067 for plant specific condition type.