cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with ESRI Maps for BI Dashboards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm a new user of ESRI Maps for BI Dashboards.  I decided for my first attempt at creating a map that I would simply use the sample state and revenue data used in the ESRI instructions here: Location types—Esri Maps for SAP BusinessObjects | Location Analytics.  So I created that data in my BI Dashboards spreadsheet component and bound the data as a datasource.  ESRI Maps Designer sees the datasource and i seemingly can connect to it but I get no location type showing on the page that asks how location is represented in my data.  According to the instructions, there should be a list of location types here.  If I try to add a location type from the link on that page and create one from the general US States type that I find, I still get no map data after going through all of the data mapping process.  I figure I'm missing something simple but for the life of me I can't find it.  Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?  Thanks for your assistance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195290
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Javed.  This will definitely help when I have data on my ESRI map and am ready to begin creating charts based on the map selections made.  Right now, though, I can't get the map to show the data I'm trying to display from my Dashboard spreadsheet component.  The map is blank because I'm not getting any location types in the Maps Designer.  I believe that when I've bound the data (simple 2 column dummy data consisting of a short list of states and revenue for each) and then start ESRI Maps Designer and select the datasource, I'm supposed to see a list of location types under the section that asks "How is location represented in your data?".  That section is blank.  Here is a screenshot of the page I'm talking about.  If I use the Add location type link and go through that process with a basic US States location type, I still get no data points on the map.  I don't know what I'm missing here.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Mark ,have you found any solution for this issue ,if yes please let me know I am also breaking my head to find out a solution for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Have you tried with the Galigeo-Apos add-on?

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've realized that I didn't make it as clear as I should have in my original post that I'm not getting any map data at all after going through the data binding process in Dashboards and then connecting to the datasource in ESRI Maps Designer.  I believe this is because I get no location types showing after connecting to the data.  From the instructions located in the help file within Maps Designer, I should see some location types to choose from on the screen above.