cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sales Manager - How to enable Activity edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We have implemented the SAP Sales Manager 2.5 app.

At the current time, it is not possible to edit an activity.

How can we enable the edition of an activity on the mobile client? Is it via configuration (Config Panel) or only via customization (Agentry Editor)?

We would appreciate your valuable comments.

Thanks in advance!

Regads,

Danilo Rossatto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was in the same issue but the only thing I done is edit the rule EnableActivityEdit by removing the COUNT part of the rule, the same in the EnableQuotationEdit rule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Issac,

That is one option, but the best way to fix this without modifying the rule, is to add the Activity type that you are using to the Complex Table SSLM25_TRANS_TYPE_FOR_CRT, on the PROCESS_TYPE, all this on the ConfigPanel. The main advantage of doing this is that you don't enable the edition of all activities types, giving you the flexibility of enabling the edition and addition of activities (or other transactions) of certain types and restricting for other types, this could be required in certain business situations, when the requirement is that the sales professionals have access to read and check the activities, but not edit them.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a picture or a snapshot which part is disabled?

Normally in the mobile client (user facing), all enable/disable fields are controlled in the Agentry editor via "enable rules".

Example:

Screen1:

|_Fieldname1______

|_Fieldname2______

In the Screen1 above in the Agentry editor, you can set Fieldname1 to be enable or disabled.

See picture 1.

Aside from the fields you can also enable/disable buttons.

But the most important thing to know is that when the "Product" team designed it to be disabled means that there is a business logic why it was disabled (There may be Agentry rules in the field or button that is preventing it from being enabled to support the business flow).

Example: if a Workorder is not started, then there is no point to editing a workorder right? So any user who is not working on a workorder can't specify or change a time entry on it.  Something to that regards.

So if you can let us know what buttons or picture you can share the better we can tell you how it is supposed to work.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I just found out the following:

This is my activity screen:

When I click on the edit button (highlighted in red) nothing happens (the edit button it is disabled). We would like to be able to edit all fields when we click on this edit button.

But what I found out now is: after I create a local activity (on the mobile client), the edit button is enabled and then I can edit all activities (the local one we just created and all others that we were trying to edit before).

Local activity created on mobile client:

Then we can edit every single activity that it is listing:

Is this the expected behaviour from the standard SAP Sales Manager 2.5 app or it is a bug?

Why it is possible to edit the activities only when I create a new local one? Does it make sense?

Looking forward for your valuable comments.

Regards,

Danilo Rossatto

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Danilo,

I do not know the Sales product, but I doubt it is a bug.  It is common to only allow editing of local records in Agentry products.  We try to allow for the most use cases and needs, but sometimes customers have additional requirements for edits that are not supported.  You could make these modifications yourself to the editor definitions, but they will probably require editor, java and maybe BAPI changes as well.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I see. I understand should be common to allow editing only local records.

But the strange is that when I create a local activity record, then ALL activity records (not only the local records) are enabled to edition.

So as I understand, to allow editing an activity record, I should do a customization as you said (Agentry Editor -> editor definitions + java, and BAPI changes).

It is not possible to allow this button to edition only via configuration (Config Panel), right?

Regards,

Danilo Rossatto

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Danilo,

It may be possible out of the box.  I am not familiar with the config panel options for Sales, but if it does not already exist, you could make it configurable by adding a config panel global and coding the Agentry side to respect that global.  You could also just add a global to the Agentry global section and do it that way.  We used to configure all application options using the Agentry globals before things started to move to the config panel.

Jaosn Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Danilo,

But the strange is that when I create a local activity record, then ALL activity records (not only the local records) are enabled to edition.

The above does sound strange.  Could be a bug after all.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Danilo,

Again everything is based on how the Sales Manager 2.5 was designed by the product team.

At the end of the day there is a goal that they are trying to accomplish to meet the business flow.

Based on what I can see from Sales Manager by designed:

Out of the Box:

There are multiple enable rules tied to Sales Manager Activity.

If you have access to the editor go to the Action that you click (what is the name of it) then try to find the enable rules tied to that action (execution or enable for buttons).

See picture.

Each of the enable rules have different function.

For example:

Example 1:

There is a Enable rule (Execution rule) called:

EnableIfActivityIsNotLocal:

See picture:

It is used in your ActivityEditPost Subaction to enable or disable it (used by an execution rule: Execute once if rule is true).

The rule structure looks at your

ActivityID (Left most characters based on the length of what you specified in the Global.localIDPrefix).

From there it will try to see if the value of the left most ActivityID is equal to your stated Global.localIDPrefix.  If it is not equal to it then enable it.

So the key is to look for your enable rule that you have in your Sales Manager. From looking at the out of the box, it seems like as long as you are not equal to the local global it should be active.

Example 2:

EnableActivityDetailScreen (This will activate your Activity Detail screen) if your DT Application Config is set to Global.CapitalFalseValue = False.

Example 3:

Another one that may be affecting you is the EnableActivitySalesArea.(This may be it is the type of Activity you have in the client).

This may be the main rule that checks if your ActivityType based on what you downloaded in the Complex table  when check on the ProcessType's OrgProfileID is blank then you are not allowed to use it.

Else If:

It works if you have a locally created version (2nd part of the rule)

Else (works if):

Distribution Channel property is blank

or

Division property is blank

or

SalesOrg is blank

As as summary, as a user or designer one can tweak it as needed for the business flow but the out of the box have certain rules setup to prevent the users (Mobile users) from entering value that the backend BAPI may not support or something to that regards.

Hope this helps,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Yes, I have access to the Agentry Editor. I will have a look into these rules as you said.

After I test, I update the thread with the results and close the thread if solved.

Your comments were very helpful!!

Thanks!

Danilo Rossatto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Danilo,

I'm facing the same situation, I was wondering if you found a solution to this behavior,Mark's ideas worked for you?. Thanks in advance for any comment.

My best Regards!