Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reimport a changed Interface / Message Type to NW BPM

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m developing a NW BPM process (NWDS SP 09) to be used with SAP PO 7.31.

The process is using 15 different imported Interfaces, all of them depending on an External Definition, which unfortunately need to be changed. In PI so far no pretty easy, adapting some mappings, no problem.

But how can i update the process?

Just importing an existing Interface again leads to error message:

Could not import WSDL document:

Could not import WSDL document:

Cannot change XsdSimpleTypeDefinitionWrapper {http://www.namespaceDef.com}

LocationIdent by importing the document http://www.namespaceDef.com/::src/wsdl/SI_OUT_ASYNC_Interface01.wsdl,

because it is already defined in the document  in this project.

Importing into another project might be possible

SI_OUT_ASYNC_Interface01.wsdl

/LocalDevelopment~bpm_product~pr~pm~company.com/src/wsdl

Unknown Document Import Marker

Unknown Document Import Marker

Is it possible. that i have to start from the scratch?

/Udo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

normally if you reimport an Interface the NWDS recognizes the changes of your MT and asks you for updating the wsdl´s.

However I have got so much problems with the NWDS and the import of Interfaces/Service Refrences/Operation Mappings because a change isn´t recognized or something else.... Your error is a good known and really annoying problem for me... In my last case an update of the NWDS Version solved the problem fot the moment....

Moritz

PS: Maybe a little bit too late... Did you solved the problem?

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moritz,

did i solve it?

No, not properly. I'm going to handle it...

Reimport of a changed own created Message Type works. Reimport of External Definitions does not work. Not nice - during a project it is very common that someone wants to have  the data structure changed. And then you have a little problem. How can you recommend a tool what is not able to handle such simple change requests?

So what i did: I created a kind of a "neutral" message type, only used in BPM. I guessed which fields might become important in the future inside BPM for conditions and added 3 "flexible" fields. Plus one field, where i serialized the whole message (using the CDATA expression). Inside BPM i can react on requirements having the values of my fields accessable, but the message itself is serialized into one field value. If there is a requirement from the project to change the Message Type i just need to adapt my mapping from source to BPM. BPM to target is just deserializing and in a second step doing the normal mapping.

The whole solution is a bit complex and self made, but working. Of course i cant start from the scratch for each change.

/Udo

ch_loos
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Udo,

can you please open an OSS ticket for this issue?

Thanks,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think there is any need to start from scratch. Just go to the 'Service Interfaces' tab and go to WSDL folder in your BPM project. Right click on the WSDL whicj needs to be reimported.

try 'reimport' option first, then 'validate'. If none of this helps, you may have to delete the WSDL from your BPM project and reimport it once again.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Right click on the WSDL whicj needs to be reimported.

try 'reimport' option first, then 'validate'

if you try you get the message, that nothing was changed, so nothing happens.

If none of this helps, you may have to delete the WSDL from your BPM project and reimport it once again

That s what i tried - getting the error as described above.

I m concerned that NW BPM does not support changes of the Message Type of used Interfaces.

/Udo

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u tried changing the xml code of the wsdl in the bpm project itself?