cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report 8.5 running on Windows 8.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I really need some help. I have a VB 6 application with reports designed using Crystal Reports 8.5. The VB 6 application is running fine except the reports are crashing. Can crystal reports be loaded on Windows 8.1 ? If not, what dll's I need to import?

Thanks to advise.

Rgds,

Ashley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have at least two important internal applications here whose reports were designed with "Seagate Crystal Reports 8"! (version 8.0.0.371)

Our director is running these applications under Win 8.1, and the commercial manager is running them under 8, and they didn't report any problem with printing functions.

The installation was done using the applications old installation packages, so I can't specify the files needed, I only can say that CR 8 still works!

We know about the recommendations about trying to upgrade the applications, the reports etc, but for a small company, with small budgets, small IT team, we only invest on old internal applications when they stop working! LOL

Gook luck!

Isis

Former Member
0 Kudos

yea. got it working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a registered version of Crystal 8.5 Developer addition but I will really appreciate somebody pointing me in the right direction where I can download a working copy of 32-bit and 64-bit distributable Crystal 8.5 components.

Thanks in advance

Ericus Steyn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the post in the content in below link says Crystal Reports 8.5 is run on Windows 8.

Not sure about Windows 8.1. Probably worth checking this:

Thanks,

Raghavendra

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the link you posted, I also give warnings (at least three times) against attempting to use CR 8.5 on WIN 8...

So, here it is one more time! Do not do this. If you do, you are on your own. Not supported. No way to test. No way to help. Normally, we'd at least try "best effort", but in this case, that is difficult as we do not have access to CR 8.5 anymore. I do have one suggestion; upgrade to CR XI R2 (11.5). Call sales, see if they can get that version for you (I don't know as CR XI R2 has been out of support for over two years now...). But if you can obtain CR XI R2, update your app to use the references from that version, then see if you can get it to work on WIN 8. CR XI R2 also did not support WIN 8, but it did support WIN 7 so you're a bit closer... And see this:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports/legacy-sdks/blog/2010/04/06/report-designer-component-r...

The above is re. ASP app, but there may be a nugget or two in there that may help you out.

If the above, of the tips in the link you provided don't work for you, well like I said, don't...

Oh, phone number for sales; 866-681-3435

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

CR 8.5 is certainly Not supported on Windows 8.1.

-Abhilash