SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admission - audit details

0 Kudos

Hello,

I created admission application, also assessment. In the Student File I'm choosing the Audit Details pushbutton, but there is message "Student is locked by you". Only one session is opened. (I read  message details).

What's the problem?

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danagul,

There is an OSS message "1246250 - Student locked after run admission audit.".  But it doesn't seems like related to your issue.

I will suggest to lock in lock entries using SM12.

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

How does it help?

With kind regards,

Danagul

0 Kudos

Danagul,

Every update process follow en-queue and de-queue object(lock and unlocking object). SM12 will tell which object it is locking.

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Danul;

I had a discussed on this issue with our OSS team: could you please create an OSS message under the component of IS-HER-CM (IF the SM12 suggestion from Prabhat will not work)? Please make sure you add enough details to the OSS message (e.g. process steps, example student, screenshots, etc).

Cheers

Rob

madhus29
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Danagul,

Can you please let us know if you have got some solution for this issue ?

I am facing the same issue in my system as well ( unfortunately I was late to your post, ended up creating  a duplicate post for the same).

Your reply would be really helpful for me.

Best regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhusoodana,

If your object is locked in this case Student , please use SM12 table . Delete all lock entries and try to repeat the process. If it still does not solve the problem , raise an OSS message. I also experienced the same error and it was solved with the OSS.

Regards,

Sandeep

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ls,

Please check out the following OSS notes:

• 2018884 - Lock issue in Admission Audit
  • Optional: 1246250 - Student locked after run admission audit.

Kind regards

Rob

0 Kudos

Dear Rob,

The note 2018884 does not have the status "released" yet. Any idea on When is it going to get released ?

And the optional note 1246250 gives the status "cannot be implemented" in our system.

Best Regards

Madhu

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu; I requested our OSS team to make the note generally available.

0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Thank you !!. I would revert back after implementing the note.

Best regards

Madhu

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ls,

The main reason for the lock error is due to an RFC entry WDSELFSERV - RFCDEST; see below in screenshot.

To resolve the issue with the locking you can do check a couple of things:

- apply the note earlier mentioned (please share your customer installation number so that I can ask the IMS team to release it for you)

- remove the RFC destination which is the same system in which you maintain it.

- remove ANY setting that you have in the RFC entry WDSELFSERV - RFCDEST. If this is not an option see point 1 .

Please check and let us know if it worked out/share you customer inst. nr.

Kind regards

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

I removed the RFC entry WDSELFSERV - RFCDEST in configuration and I do not see the locking error any more.

Is it required to implement the note 2018884 in our system? How does the RFC entry effect the auditing process? (I believe the RFC entry has effect on student self services but not for Admins)

Our installation number is :0020397177.

Best regards

Madhu