cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absence Valuation for Sick leave for UAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Please advice me for the configuration of Sick Leave for UAE.

Requirment is:

For Sick Leave: 1-15 days will be full pay.

Next 16-30 days will be Half Pay.

next 30-45 days will be lop.

Plse guide to solved this problem....

Thanks,

Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

This is based on the standard functionality of absence valuation and absence distribution in UAE payroll.

Below are the configuration nodes:

Step 1: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Describe Absence Valuation Rules

Define 3 absence valuation rules: 01 - Full Pay, 02- Half Pay and 03 - Unpaid. Standard SAP will already have this defined.

Step 2: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Group Absences for Absence Valuation

Even though I have mentioned this as Step 2, don't define anything here and leave the valuation rule blank here. It will make it static with one valuation rule which we don't want.

Step 3: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Define Grouping for Absence Valuation

Define the grouping for absence valuation in the PCR using MODIF A=XX. Specify your value of XX.

Step 4: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Valuation of Absences → Create Counting Classes for Absence Valuation → Define Counting Classes

Define the counting classes - 01: 100% paid, 02: 50% paid and 03: Unpaid. These values may be already there based on standard SAP delivery.

Step 5: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Valuation of Absences → Create Counting Classes for Absence Valuation → Set Up Counting Classes for Absence Valuation

Set up the counting classes for absence valuation for your grouping XX. You can copy existing ones available to create your own ones.

Step 6: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Valuation of Absences → Refinement of Absences → Create Rule Group for Absence Refinement → Create Rule Group

Create a rule group for your sick leave. I think standard SAP has 64SickLeav. Rule group will be alphanumeric with 10 characters. Hence, you can keep something like this as XXSickLeav where XX is your unique 2 digits code.

Step 7: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Valuation of Absences → Refinement of Absences → Create Rule Group for Absence Refinement → Maintain Feature COVER

Maintain feature COVER for your absence type. For your sick leave type, assign return value as the sick leave rule group

Step 8: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Valuation of Absences → Refinement of Absences → Define Rules for Refining Absences → Set Up Rules for Absence Refinement

Set up rule for your sick leave rule group. Leave Seniority and Age fields blank as you don't need them.

Step 9: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Valuation of Absences → Refinement of Absences → Define Absence Distribution

Define the absence distribution.

1. Enter country grouping AE
  2. Enter rule group for sick leave you defined
  3. Enter rule for absence refinement you defined
  4. Enter absence valuation grouping XX
  5. Enter absence type
  6. Enter valuation rule 01 and absence limit 1 as 15. Then enter valuation rule 02 and absence limit 2 as 30 and the third valuation rule as 03.

Here is the standard documentation from SAP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_lochrsae605/helpdata/en/37/86a7fcca0a422fb8216e3aabfe603a/content.htm?fr...

I hope this detailed explanation solves your issue.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for providing the guidelines.

It gives me some relief.

I do work on your advice and come with the result soon.

Many Thanks,

Sharma

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

It is a standard functionality for UAE payroll. Do go through the configuration documentation on the configuration nodes while doing the configuration.

And please close the thread if this resolves your query by marking it as answered.

Regards,
Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI VIVEK,

I am getting error while running the payroll.

Please find attached screen shot and advice for same.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the feature? Can you please send me screenshot of each step that I have mentioned to maintain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Please find attached shot for cover feature.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohan - I requested for screenshot of each step. Can you please provide them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vivek

Why Not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Find below screen shots:

Please suggest teh same..

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have looked at your error again and it is with regards to Table V_T554C.

Did you maintain step 5:

Step 5: IMG → Payroll → Payroll: United Arab Emirates → Absences → Valuation of Absences → Create Counting Classes for Absence Valuation → Set Up Counting Classes for Absence Valuation

I don't see it in your list of screenshots.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohan...please do one thing...

I think in the 2nd step where I asked you not to maintain anything, please maintain the valuation rule for full paid. I think it is 06 in your case and run the payroll after that.

Let me know how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

now payroll is running. But amount should be deducted. But thats not happening.

See here the screen shot  for IT 0008 as well for Sick Leave Absence in 2001.

Total amount is 6,000 in IT 0008.

So for 1st 15 days, it will be full pay.

Then from 15th to 30 th, there will be half pay..

Ok.so the amount shall be 4500. But /560 is coming with 6000.

Please Sugeest...Bro

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Sorry to see that this isn't working. I believe that since we are assigning 06, it is taking full payment. However, if we leave it blank, it fails the payroll run.

Can you please log an oss message with SAP about this? We have maintained all the possible steps as per SAP documentation.

Let me know what SAP has to say about this.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As your advice, i sent document with screen shots on your mail id..

Please advice for same.....

Regards,

sharma

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Thanks for sending the document. You have done the configuration correctly at each step. I wonder what may be going wrong. I think we are going wrong on some small configuration. Because this is the only approach suggested by SAP.

I have never worked on this myself but I had researched it and found it for you.

I believe that we shouldn't maintain 06 in the 2nd step. This was the reason the payroll was giving you error. If we maintain it, it makes the valuation rule static.

I would recommend to log an oss ticket with SAP and ask them to look into it.

Once you get response from them, please share it with the forum too.

Let me know what SAP replies.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

paste the input and out put and processing screen shot of your XPPF which is used for Factoring and what is the specification u have used for PRCL 10 for this wage types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theja Bahi,

Plse find screen shot for XPFF.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i want from the payroll log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theha Bahi,

There is no XPFF in pay roll log.

But One AEPF is in log for Monthly Factoring.

Please Suggest for Same...

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have u executed PT60 live for this employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Theja Bahii....

Plse check in given below screen shot, what value i need to mention for Sick Leave here....

Currently i am maintaing 06 for this.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if you have maintained feature COVGL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

I Maintained this feature as well. But again result is samee.

Plse advice me,, what value should i maintain in step 2 for leave type..

Regards,

Sharma

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure about it. I don't have UAE payroll in my sandbox to test what is going wrong. Please check with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for early guide lines.

Due to your help only, i able to do some configuration up to some extent.

My problem is:: what value should i mention in Absence valuation rule to Absence type.

Thanks,

SHarma

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I understand what your problem is but I don't have the solution for it.

I don't have UAE payroll installed in my sandbox system to find out the issue being faced.

Hence, I advised you to raise it with SAP.

Please advise if you have raised it with SAP or not.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Definitely i will update you about this issue.

For time being, i am checking with my fiends as well.

I update you, once it done........

Thanks,

Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

table T511K entry AEABV or for saudi 24abv value change from 1 to 2 allows the error of T554C to go ...with this entry u can maintain blank absence val rule in step 'Group Absences for absence valuation'

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohan,

i have the same issue, did you solve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide your inputs if you had the issue resolved