cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML debugging for iPhone/iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Im developing a custom NW EP logon page for mobiles, also including apple hardware. As far I got after a short web search, the only reliable emulator for this hardware is the iOS simulator included in apple's xcode IDE. So I downloaded it, deployed my logon page to EP, emulated an iPhone with retina and called the logon page. Fine so far, but I found diverse problems in rendering, so I need to debug this stuff properly.

The iOS simulator doesnt contains any tools for doing this, so my question is how to debug HTML, JS and so on properly? There is apple's counterpart to F12 Developer Tools, Firebug etc? Thank you very much,

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

interested in the same question....oddly, I am looking for it for some non-SAP work *gasp* that I do...it is hard to find a GOOD emulator software that doesn't cost a fortune right now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile a colleague of my found out you can debug with Safari if you turn on the developer menu, which is turned off per default, and choose the simulated device in it. Since Im more used to IE's developer tools and firebug, I would like to use one of them.

I tryed an user agent plugin for FF, but it doesnt work at all. If you know how to do that, let me know.

regards