SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U billing - discount for first 30 days of contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to create an electricity rate for monthly billing which calculates the consumption of the first 30 days with a 10% price discount. After this period the normal price is used to determine the amount to be billed. How can I do this? Which variant programs do I have to use?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Balazs 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

saivishnu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balazs Mink,

Create two discount keys one 10% another 0%, while creating discount key in reference base select Price discount and discount type as percentage rate.

Use Discount03 Variant in rate.

when you create move-in, you maintain PDISCNT OPERAND in installation facts, maintain time slice i.e., move-in date to 30 days 10%

then after to 31.12.9999 0% .

I think this will help you.

Regards,

sai vishnu

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DISCNT03 "Discount on Quantity-Based Price: Absolute or Percentage" will apply the discount.

Assuming it's not a one off contract, where the discount could simply be manually assigned and limited in Installation facts, for the contract conditions you described, I'd:

- create an Operand of type PDISCNT with Operand access "For customer Date",

- create a Discount of type "Fixed discount rate as a percentage" and assign it to the Operand directly in Rate,

- use custom logic in GET_DATE_CHANGE_FACTS Method of BADI ISU_BI_SELCONTROL to limit the value of discount percentage to first 30 days of contract only.

It's not an ideal solution in that it is not transparent how the discount is being limited from looking at the rate/schema(s) alone, so i'd document the logic in the rate and schema step notes...

Perhaps somebody can come up with simplier solution...

cheers

Janis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balazs,

I think we would need to write a custom variant for this technically, but functionally we can also look into the option for operand : Contract relevant Operand (in General Data Block). And then also Variant COMPUT97.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated on the resolution.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

saivishnu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balazs Mink,

Create two discount keys one 10% another 0%, while creating discount key in reference base select Price discount and discount type as percentage rate.

Use Discount03 Variant in rate.

when you create move-in, you maintain PDISCNT OPERAND in installation facts, maintain time slice i.e., move-in date to 30 days 10%

then after to 31.12.9999 0% .

I think this will help you.

Regards,

sai vishnu

0 Kudos

Yes, this approach is very good, provided the installation facts maintenance during "Move In process" can be automated (some functionality akin to master data templates or custom logic is already available). If, however, I had to write custom logic to automate facts maintenance from scratch, I'd opt not to "overload" Move-In functionality with Facts minutiae of individual rates and "hide" the of logic of limiting discount in billing.

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your input! Automating Sai's solution will do the job!

Regards,

Balazs