Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue of blank lines removal in address in master page in Adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement to display  address at the top in every page .  I have added the address in Master page for this purpose . The problem which I am facing is the blank lines coming in between address lines . As in Master page it inserts blank line after each line , also another reason of blank line is  that line 1, line 3 is populated from ADRC  hence line 2 is blank .

How to hide blank lines in between of address  in master page dynamically . Please suggest .

Quick responses highly appreciable.

Thanks

Anindita

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

Use condence keyword to hide gaps.

eg:

CONDENSE (declare your field) NO-GAPS

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Its Adobe form master page .   There are 7  fixed text line( Line 1, Line 2.....) mention in the master page for the Address .
Question is how to remove blank lines in between which are not populated . Will scripting work  for master page ?

If yes ,  what should I mention  and in which event ?

0 Kudos

Adding to it , I was writing following but it doesnt work at  every line initialize event  ....

data.#pageSet[0].Page1.remit_logo_invoice_box.#subform[0].logo_addr.COMPANY_ADD.LINE4::initialize: - (FormCalc, client)

if ($.rawValue eq NULL) then

$.presence = "hidden"

endif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't offer the detail, but have you defined an ADDRESS node in the form context and set the 'Number of Lines to be used' attribute to the same as the space on your master page?

Regards,

Nick

P.S. Be aware, asking for "Quick responses" is against the rules of the forum

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can pull the address into one internal table and try to read the address line by line.

Then pass the address1 into line 1 only there is some value, other wise ignore and check with second line of address. In similar way, you can check entire address lines.

Hope this will work.

0 Kudos

Hi Rama ,

This wont help as  we have phnumber, fax  below address so if at all we populate 2 lines let say of address , there will be gap of 4 lines between  Address and Ph number, fax details . And that cant be included in the address as  it have some text fields like big dot and all .

Thanks

Anindita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick ,

I am not using Address node . I am using gs_header - company_add( tdline  has each line of address )

Please suggest .

Thanks,

Anindita

0 Kudos

Hi Anindita,

If you were to use an address node you would get all this functionality for free.  Presumambly somewhere back in your print program you populate the structure gs_header, if at this point you can pass the address number rather than filling lines of COMPANY_ADD from ADRC you would be able to use an address node in your form and avoid these formatting issues.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Nick ,

Its an existing form and we have to make some changes . I know the changes on body is not a problem , but not sure how to overcome  formatting issue on master page. As if I am trying to pass the address in the table instead of  text fields line 1, line 2... line 7  then  I am not getting issue of formatting  but then in that case its only getting printed on first page not on all page .

My requirement is to print the address as header in every page  without any blank lines in between .

So please suggest me if its possible to hide fields on master page incase of text fields  .

Thanks

Anindita

0 Kudos

Hi Anandita,

Were you able to find the solution for the above issue ?

I am also facing the same problem when printing in master pages. I dont want to print empty lines between the lines of address.

In case, If you find a solution, can you please share me the solution ?

Thanks in advance..!!!

Best regards,

Karthik.