cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page break in SO10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to insert a page break using SO10 - PC word editor option for a document which contains 4 pages of terms and conditions. I tried inserting &PAGE& as the page break code but it doesn't seem to be working.

Also I am trying to edit the Z text name with text id as ST. In the text type I want a indent in this format:

1. This is test
    1. This is test 2
    2. This is test 3

I made the necessary changes in the text type and in display mode the text type looks perfectly fine. But when the output is printed, it comes out somewhat like this:

1. This is test
    1. This is          test 2
    2. This is          test 3

Why is this unnecessary vertical space getting generated across all the lines for all the pages when it cant be seen in the display text type.

Thanks,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

did you just look at it in the preview?

If so, you have to make a real print, because the preview is 93% of the form and so it seem that there are to much spaces between, but for real, it just look like that in the preview.

If not, you have to share more informations, what you did in your style to archive this. So we can see, what is developed there. Perhaps you put a tab in or or or...

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

It was an actual real page printout. The SAP print preview also shows the same gaps which i mentioned before but in SO10 word editor page there are no gaps and the indent is perfect. About the way I created the style is:

Used bullet number ordered formatting to get 1. , 2. etc and then used tab to get sub bullet points 1.1 for the next lines. Later I used tab in again to get all the lines uniformly across a straight vertical line because some lines of 1.1, 1.2 are bigger to fit in one single line and get overflowed to the next line so tab in helped. For eg.

1. This is a sample text
    1. This is a sample text to emphasis the effect of text overflow to the next line.  This is a sample text to emphasis the effect of text overflow to the next line.
    2. This is a sample text to emphasis the effect of text overflow to the next line.

The above example looks perfectly ok but when I print it on paper, there is vertical space occurring in middle of each line which can be seen in all the lines across all the pages. There are total of 11 points which runs for 4 pages and each point has 2 to 3 sub points.

I have now assigned this to development team for their analysis as I am unable to figure out any indent or spacing problem through SAP. Let's see what they have to say about it. If they say that this is not related to development then I am in a fix.

The page break script code is still a problem though..

Regards,

Anup

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

I'm not sure, but this is possible by using the paragraph technique.

Here is an example:

ST   This is a Test!

/:     INCLUDE 'Yourtext' PARAGRAPH XX NEW-PARAGRAPH '= '

Options in the Paragraph itself.

Pharagraph XX:

left margin                     2 CM

Indent 1. Line                2- CM

This ends in the following:

This is a Test!

Testtext extralong to fill the complete line and take a linebreak

with 🙂

Testtext Line2

Unfortunaly I do not got a system available, but I think, this is the one you want to archive

Of Course, it is also working in Smartforms.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anup,

I tried the same in SO10 word editor and tweaked a bit to fix the issue.

My steps -

1. I copied your text in word editor of SO10 and then changed the editor to line editor and put tab spaces at beginning.

2. Output -

For Page break issue, are you applying any Protect-Endprotect statements.

BR.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No,

you need to change the value in the printpar (yours is *) and submit a new style for your text.

I hope I find some minutes today to prepare an example.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Will appreciate your examples.

Thanks.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

here we go...

The result first

What I have done, create a new style (TA SE72)

and there I developed two pharagraph's

Afterwards I created a SO10-Text and changed the style to my created one

Now you just have to use it in that form you need it, in my example like that:

If you done everything correct you will get the result (see above)

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I got your example but almost similar thing i have achieved directly.

So it depends upon how precisely Anup needs the changes.

BR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I did the same thing which you have done by including tabs. But like your result the client rejected that because they want all the subpoints to be with same space gap at start, for e.g. the one which got rejected is:

1. This is a sample text

i. This is sample text to emphasis the effect of text overflow to the next line. This is sample text to emphasis the effect of text overflow to the next line.

Also if I press tab in the next line to adjust and get the words in same indent with the line above, then the actual print out looks different. This was the cause of the weird space across each of the lines which I mentioned in my first post. On a A4 sheet, the width is different than what can be seen on a SAP screen. So what appears to be in sync with tab spacing on screen shows as gaps in line on actual paper.

What the client wants is like this :

1. This is a sample text

1. This is sample text to emphasis the effect of text overflow to the next line.This is sample text to emphasis the effect of text overflow to the next line.

Hi Florina,

The process of creating a new style through SE72 looks promising and think it will fit my needs. Will try this tomorrow and let you know my findings.

Any updates on the page break guys? I tried to use &page& but it shows the page no. instead of break. Tried &pagebreak& but this is also not working.

Regards,

Anup

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup, if you explicit want to get to the next page then you have to add in sapscript (An SO10-Text is also one) this command:

/: NEW-PAGE

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

The new style and the page break code got the job done ..Thanks a lot

Kind regards,

Anup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try with include text ,in text node assigne paragraph format hope it ll work

Thanks

sam

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You didn't read trough the content before you answer here, did you?

It doesn't get us further if we produce a lot of answers, which just has no new solutions...

~Florian