cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Srm -> Ecc Vendor creation, is it possible?

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where Vendors are created in SRM system and idocs are sent from srm to ecc via PI whenever there is a creation or a change in srm .

Now, once the Idocs are received in ECC each one of them should first go through MDG CR process and once approved should hit active area.

Is this scenario possible? if so how? are there any links/ pdfs explaining the steps?

I know i how to create/change Mass vendors in MDG CR. but not when it arrives in a ad hoc way and without any manual intervention.

Please suggest.

Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Activate the change pointer in SRM. Whenever Vendor created or changed in SRM,passed through IDoc to MDG system(ERP tables).

Now you can open the existing vendor through CR(based on CR type),then you can do the changes in vendor and submit for approval.But you can not open the Vendor for creation approval. After the final approval,you can replicate the vendor to ECC system.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva.

Are you got create a change request in MDG system, based on the incoming data from the SRM system?

What documentation has helped you?

Thanks!

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone help with my issue.

Regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at this link. The webservice described here can help you create a CR in MDG through an interface: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/Enterprise+Master+Data+Management+-+A+cross-system+maste...

Also, see this discussion: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3348780

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why do you need MDG if the vendor is already created in SRM? You first need to decide what is your governing system. Just because it is called a "Master Data Governance" system, does not mean it is the governing system until you design it to do so.

As Shankar said, MDG usually is the system of record where suppliers are created first. Then, data can be replicated to other systems in your landscape.

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i fully agree that vendors should be first created in MDG and then syndicated to SRM system.

However the users wish to use SRM system to create vendors. so the agreement is to create in SRM and then send them to MDG (as and when they are created or changed) change request for approval.

Is there any ''How to guide'' available to execute this scenario.

Please help in explaining the process to Configure this scenario.

Regards

Eva

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Links that you supplied explains about Supplier extension.

However my requirement is something different

where Vendors are created in SRM system and idocs are sent from srm to ecc via PI whenever there is a creation or a change in srm .

Now, once the Idocs are received in ECC each one of them should first go through MDG CR process and once approved should hit active area.

Regards

Eva

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eva,

I deally speaking the Vendors must frist created in MDG and them it should go to ECC.

you can use import the IDOC using the MDG with change request MAT0B,import funcationality for which the config. process is defind in the standard config.docs.