cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for OLAP - How to modify Currency and Scaling factor display

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BO 4.0 on top of SAP BEx queries. When displaying data in Analysis fo OLAP, we get the Currency and Scaling information shown behind the figures. However, the scaling is in front of the currency sign (M EUR) for positive figures and behind it (EURM) for negative, which is leading to a cluttered view (wrong display highlighted in red):

AccountQuarter 1Quarter 2Quarter 3Quarter 4
Operating profit1877,72M EUR-3902,75 EURM3695,57M EUR-2301,18 EURM

1. Where can the value display setting be changed? The display should be always just M EUR.
  2. The client does not want to see currency and scaling factor at all. Is there a way to hide this and display only the scaled value without M or EUR?

Thanks and regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Peter

#1) That appears to be a bug. Please contact support.

#2) Ironically we used to display the scaled number without the scaling factor! But that was a bug which was fixed so now you always see the scaling factor. If you want to see the scaled number without the scaling factor or currency name then you would need to modify (or create a new) BEx query.

If you want to remove all scaling, formatting, currency etc, select the crosstab then open the Properties task panel on the left. Uncheck the option "Show formatted cell values". This will display the raw number from the BW server.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

On #1) we will then open a note.

On #2), I already created a query which prompts the user for a scaling factor and then directly calculates the scaled value in the query. However, it does not feel the right place since the user can still use the scaling in formatting menu on top of the calculation scaling of the query. So I guess there is still no official workaround or customization possibility given, right?

Thanks and regards,

Peter

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Peter

Regarding #2... there is no way to disable being able to scale numbers in AOLAP. Presumably if the numbers have been appropriately scaled in the query then there should be no need to scale the numbers in AOLAP?

Kind Regards

Answers (0)