cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 131 Transaction rolled back by lock wait timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I was trying to run apriori, and then HANA writer in my database.

Apriori executes directly, and then I configure and try to execute HANA Writer. But it keeps executing for more than half an hour, and then gives the following error: Error 131 Transaction rolled back by lock wait timeout. Lock timeout occurs while waiting TABLE_LOCK of mode EXCLUSIVE.

Bimal suggested me to reduce the data to be analysed, so then I reduced it to a pretty small part and executed again.

It gave me the same error after more than 30 minutes waiting executing.

after having this error, I tried just execute apriori, but with a filter of 5 transactions and than it worked. After that I tried to visualize the results, and got the following error:

It means that my HANA memory is full?

I got the view from HANA:

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone get the same problem already?

Even I'm trying to work with Predictive Analysis, I've posted this message in HANA Forum because the error occurs in a HANA Component,and not in an algorithm from Preditive. (the algorithm worked fine).

And when I try to execute Apriori, and than the HANA Writer, I get the following error:

former_member181931
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thread moved to the Predictive Analysis space. Hopefully it will get more attention there.

Laure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I'm a developper for PAL from Shanghai team.

Could you please provide some details information about this case:

-          How many records did you use ?

-          What’s the value of “MIN_SUPPORT” and “MIN_CONFIDENCE” did you use ?

The algorithm of apriori will consume much memory when the input data is very large and min_support is low.

So I suggest you set “MIN_SUPPORT” and “MIN_CONFIDENCE” as 0.9 firstly, check if it can output result.

Thanks,

Peng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peng, thank you so much for your suggestion.

I talked with some people from SAP Brazil and they suggested me to change my HANA to the last version (because the one I was using have some bugs in the memory) : SPS7 Rev73, so then I'm asking to the responsable to do this changes for me.

I was using the confidence and Support as the one it cames originally: 0.9 and 0.1

I also tried to analyse only a small sample data (about 200k lines) and it also didn't work.

I noticed that after trying to visualize the results from any execution, the resident memory didn't reduced, and after each time I execute, the memory gets more fully. Did you know what I mean?

So now I'll wait to see if they upgrade it for me, and after that I'll try the steps you suggested me!

In back to you with my feedback.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

If the number of output rules is very large, I think the resident memory will not reduced.

Because these rules are stored in output tables (which means saved in memory).

Thanks,

Peng