cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rebuild BIA index for MultiProvider (bia_indexes_size_perf_check)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In RSDDBIAMON it is giving bia_indexes_size_perf_check alert and on checking its showing some BWA indexes which have crossed the threshold. In case of cubes we will go about refreshing the statistics, then rebuilding the index of the cubes from RSDDB. But here our alert is showing several index which seemingly are associated to MultiProviders. Please share info on how to rebuild indexes in case of MultiProviders?

Thank you.

Regards

Kannan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188743
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

What's a Multiprovider? As the name says it can contain several infocubes, ods, virtual providers etc.. In the case of the BWA usually you will have InfoCubes, therefore you will have to reindex each Infocube indexes, and not a Multiprovider. But if you go to t-code RSDDBIAMON you will find the alert with a list of the indexes that need to be reindexed. Now the infocube in the MP is not on BWA and it's showing this alert, this is not possible, unless if once upon a time that infocube was on BWA, then you will have to delete manually these possibles garbage indexes. Please review SAP note 1791048 for more details.

Thanks,

Diego Seben.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

deveshkapse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can rebuild the BWA index for MPRO, Hyprid provider, QSI etc in t-code RSDDTPS only. You just have to delete the existing index and re-index it.

As per my understanding there is no delta for BWA index and you have to PUSH complete data at once if you want to report on the delta/ latest records.

BR,Devesh

former_member244514
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Just an update on this Kannan.

What you detail here is entirely possible and I have just seen it on another customer system.

As you state you can index the multiprovider in RSDDTPS - which I believe creates a fact table index related to the multiprovider - exactly as for an infocube.

As with an infocube the index will be split only if #cells > Cell Threshold (100Million) but for a multiprovider there is no cell count available for the system and a default estimate of 100,000 is utilised. Hence when these multiprovider fact tables are large they are not split and correctly cause the alert.

So what can we do in this situation?

In the system there is a table RSDDB_WOPTIONS (see note 1646816)

and we can use this to provide a much larger estimated size (ie > Cell Threshold).

So you should simply have to maintain an entry in table RSDDB_WOPTIONS for BIA INDEX= "Name of the Multiprovider" and E SIZE= 200000000 and hopefully that will be that. The system should guestimate a size that forces a split in BWA.

One proviso to this is the implementation of note 1837024.

Regards, FK.

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I guess we do not have BIA index on MP's. Please have a re-check. If possible share a screen shot with the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for the reply.

I was also under the same impression that as the MPs does not store any data physically they can't be indexed. There are two options to have Business Objects Explorer index (which is different from BWA index):

• all InfoProviders in the MultiProvider can be indexed individually.
  • all MultiProvider data as a snapshot can also be indexed.

But in my case I checked RSDDTPS and the MP is not having any Explorer index. On checking the index IDs which was got from the RSDDBIAMON alert in TREXADMIN I can see that indexes are there for this Multiprovider.

Additional information is that the MP is built over a basic cube, and the cube does not have a BWA index.

Regards

Kannan

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, Got your point, very rarely found such issues, I guess try searching more if you get something.