cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Customer Briefing Mobile App not running on Android Kit-Kat(4.4.2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am implementing SAP CRM Customer Briefing Mobile App.

I'm in the testing stage currently and have tested the App successfully

on IPAD.

However I am unable to run the App on Android Tablet(Nexus 7) which is of 4.4.2 OS version.

The problem is the device is unable to connect to the SCC(Sybase

Control Center) Server and its throwing a "LogIn Failed" Error

I am able to run the App on my Android Phone which is of 4.1.2 OS

Version

NOTE: For better understanding I have attached screen-shorts of the

error

thrown by the device.

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Trity,

Please check the possible android version supporting to SUP/SMP

SyBooks Online

Supported Device Operating Systems

• Android 4.3
  • Android 4.2
  • Android 4.1
  • Android 4.0.4
  • Android 4.0
  • Android 3.2
  • Android 3.1
  • Android 3.0.0
  • Android 2.3.5
  • Android 2.3.3
  • Android 2.3.2
  • Android 2.2.1
  • Android 2.2

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was able to downgrade the OS version of my Nexus 7 device from Android 4.4.2 to 4.3 but still I get a 'LOGIN FAILED' error on the device and its not able to connect to the SAP mobile server

I did try testing from Samsung devices of OS 4.2, 4.1.2 and was successful in doing so.

Is the problem because of using Nexus 7 tab or something else ?

Please guide

Thanks

Trity.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the SMP version you are using ?

Android version 4.3 support was added in SMP SP03

Android version 4.4 support was added  in SMP SP04

Make sure you are in this patch level to support the latest versions. If you are in this patch level and facing issue please let me know.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMP 2.3 SP02

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you look at support android versions for SMP 2.3 SP02, it is upto android 4.1

SyBooks Online

Since you have already downgraded your android version to 4.3, better you upgrade to SP03 to avoid any such support compatibility issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to connect the device (Android 4.3) to the mobile server (SMP 2.3 SP02) from hybrid web container but was not able to do so from the Customer Briefing Mobile app. Can someone tell me why so ?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As per official document as mentioned in my previous reply, SMP2.3 SP02 supports till android version 4.1

At the same time, i am surprised to hear from you that you are able to connect device (4.3) to the same SMP version.

For clear understanding, i would like to call ,

PS: Certain functionality may not work as expected or indeed at all, if you try to run an app on device which is not supported officially.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use SMP 2.3 SP04 for Android 4.4 support Google Android Versions for Object API

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrew I did as told and upgraded SMP 2.3 SP02 to SP04 and still am getting the same error on my Nexus 7 tab (Android 4.4) I also tried running it on Android 4.3 Nexus 7 tab but no use as the device is not able to Login the Mobile Server.

Please Suggest

Thanks
Trity.Yazdani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean you have rebuilt the app with the libraries from the 2.3 SP04 Mobile SDK and still have this error?  If so, you will probably need to open an incident with support to get someone to look at the app.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Andrew I have not rebuilt the App instead I'm following the Documents downloaded from SAP Marketplace to Implement the standard App.

Please guide.

Thanks

Trity.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was an Application issue which has been resolved with the release of the new version SAP Customer Briefing 1.0.7 SAP Customer Briefing - Android-Apps auf Google Play for android devices.

Thanks

Trity.