cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing trigger expression,on value change of tag in PCo 2.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How would I write the trigger expression,on value change of a tag. I did not find any options for onchage or onValueChange in PCo 2.3.

Thanks in advance,

Regards, Eshwar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using Trigger Type as  'Always' right now and its triggering all the notification in that perticular Agent. Is there a way to trigger only a perticular notification in an agent instance

Regards, Eswhar.

igor_becker
Discoverer
0 Kudos

There is no OnValueChange method in PCo as good as I know. The main reason is: typically only on value change on the source PCo would be triggered to process the value. So in most cases you would assume only when a value was changed your PCo agent really caught an event and the agent instance processes it.

Now when you use Always as Trigger Type this means in any case your Notification is processed and a message sent to all defined Destinations. If you want only some of the Destinations being notified you can create diffierent Notifications and add different Destinations to them. Depending on whether the Trigger Expression is fulfilled a message would be sent to the Destinations of this Notification.

Here is some information on the expressions usage in Trigger Type:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco23/helpdata/en/f3/25dcf722894d95996e694bb11f5a6b/content.htm

br

Igor