cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SOLMAN 7.1 error in ATM for DBACOCKPIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client's SAP Solution Manager 7.1 has been displaying the error message - "Error in RDI back-end setup occured!", since last one week. I am unable to analyze this to resolution, as there is nothing I couldn't find closely relative in the standard database SAP Sybase 15.7. ASE server configuration guides or in the SCN itself for that matter, which would help me resolve this bugging error.

I have also checked in system logs but have always found different types/varieties of database errors everyday. I am attaching the error screenshots for your kind reference and consideration. Kindly note that I have worked on most databases previously in an efficient manner except for Sybase ASE, which is relatively new to me.

When I click on repair, I am getting the following error, which my SAP Basis PM/lead has told me its a generic error.

Upon clicking on yes, I am getting the unavoidable error shown below -

The error is - "Error in RDI back-end setup occured!", as i have stated above.

I have checked the ATM logs and history and they are fine. I am getting error only in the ATM queue as shown below -

I am also getting the same database errors in event viewer as to those in the system logs for SAP SOLMAN 7.1 server.

I would appreciate it very much if one of the Sybase experts would help me out here. Speaking of technical configuration for any database in conceptual terms, I perceive this error to be a space issue as mentioned in the ATM queue. I believe I have provided sufficient details. The OS here is the Windows server 2008 R2 version.

Kindly mention if you need more details for a speedy and possible error analysis and resolution

This is an emergency task for me as I need to resolve it on ASAP basis. Rest assured, points for all right answers will be awarded generously.

Thanks and regards,

M. Nizam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nizam,

Please share what is the database patch level for Sybase ASE 15.7

Additionall please review below SAP notes

1619967SYB: DBA Cockpit Correction Collection SAP Basis 7.31
1558958SYB: DBA Cockpit Correction Collection SAP Basis 7.02 / 7.30

1920025 DBACOCKPIT - Error 'Repair ATM' when started from different systems

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Sorry about the incomplete info. the patch level for Sybase in 41 (15_7_0_41, in System status and SM50). I have also implemented a SAP note 1558958, but it still remains unresolved. I will have a look at the third SAP note which as of now seems quite relevant and update you. I thanks you for your time and effort.

Kind regards,

M. Nizam

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nizam,

Patch 41 is too low for Sybase ASE 15.7.

Request you to first update the same to atleast 110. It will fix many of bugs identified on Sybase ASE 15.7.

Post this update , apply all the dba cockpit corrections.

Later check the ATM configuration .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your valuable info. I am aware of that as the SAP PRD server has the Sybase ASE 15.7 DB on patch 100. I have already applied the DBACOCKPIT corrections via Snote browser for the above mentioned SAP note.

I will do the needy and update the steps/sequence of resolution once its resolved. thanks for your time and effort. I did however realize all that you have said. But as we all understand we need to consult, convince and get prior approval from the client.

Kind regards,

M. Nizam

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nizam,

Not a problem. Keep us posted once you complete your work.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)