cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQ message log questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’m curious about:

1. Why SAP IQ records so many transactions in the iqmsg event if there is no activity?
  2. Why the connection ID increment event if no user is connecting?
  3. How do you associate a given transaction with it associated commit transaction?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, IQ engineering!   What say you?

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

We do have CR 672411 to reduce logging

I. 04/08 04:57:39. 0000517563 Txn 1105844 0 1105844------------>Begin transaction

I. 04/08 04:57:39. 0000517563 Cmt 1105845 --------------> commit ID for  txn 1105844

I. 04/08 04:57:39. 0000517563 PostCmt 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saroj,

Thanks for the cr #!   One question, how old is the cr? 

jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saroj,

It seen to me that the commit associated with a transaction is not necessary identifiable by <Cmt #> = <Txn # + 1>, if several transaction overlap over several minutes, the Cmt # won't follow this pattern.  I'd noticed that we can use the connection number to try to identify the Cmt # associate with a Txt #, but I had not been able to clearly identify the Cmt # associated with a specific Txn #  or to define the relation and express it (formula).

Can you please elaborate a little more?

Thanks a lot.

Uvernes.

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

it is 2-3 yrs old and targeted to be fix in 15.4 esd5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which release is it scheduled for in the v16 code line?

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

We don't have ETA for IQ 16.x , but once we have fix,  it will be ported to IQ 16 as well

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uvernes,

Transaction ID is assigned when first command is started. commit ID just determines the serialization order for the committed transactions, you can grep for IQ connid from .iqmsg and review txn and cmt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good questions.  I hope we can get SAP IQ engineering to provide an explanation and hopefully a way to disable these seemingly unnecessary log entries