cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE-FX Copy Building to New Business Entity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am relatively new to this module and have been given the task of copying existing buildings (subordinate objects) to a different business entity.

Is this possible?

I release it is possible to copy a building (Create with Template) however this retains the existing business entity.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

AK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196871
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, you cannot create a super-ordinate object with reference to a sub-ordinate object. What  I would recommend is you download the the building information change the building validity date to the appropriate date, make appropriate changes to that downloaded info'n and upload it as BE in the system.

All these mass changes can be achieved using existing BAPI's..You can find the BAPIs in BAPI (Tcode) -> Real Estate Management -> Flexible Real Estate Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

Thanks for you fast and helpful reply.  I realize now there is not a simple/easy way this can be accomplished.

AK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aaron,

Since Master data is created in a hierarchical manner, you cannot change the business entity of buildings.
Fetch the data of buildings with BAPI : BAPI_RE_BU_GET_DETAIL and copy it in any file.

Or you can also take a dump from database table of buildings.

Once you are ready with the data use BAPI : BAPI_RE_BU_CREATE with either SECATT or LSMW. Else you can also use this BAPI with the help of ABAP to upload the data with a new business entity.

Hope it could help you!

Regards,

Siddharth Khandelwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I understand and appreciate your proposal.  I realize now there is not a simple/easy way this can be accomplished.

We'll probably use BAPI_RE_BU_CREATE or the "Key-Whack-It" method.

I seems like SAP would provide a transaction that would allow creating a building based on another from a different entity or something similar.

Thanks for your time,

AK